• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freddie going down on bad Fannie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freddie going down on bad Fannie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7573558.stm

Shares in US mortgage finance giants Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae have plunged to their lowest levels in nearly two decades.

The fall has reignited speculation that the US government will be forced to bail out the pair.

Shares in Fannie Mae, the biggest US provider of housing finance, fell 27% to $4.40, the lowest since 1988.

And shares in counterpart Freddie Mac crashed by nearly 22% to $3.25, their lowest since 1990.

Damn... It's about banking.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Damn... It's about banking.
      WHS

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Oh, you had to go there.

I was considering purchasing some equity in the American heavy weight mortgage firms as it offers some value trading at such a low premium.

Yep, I wanted to get me some cheap fannie.
        Bored.

Comment

Why do septics always have ridiculous names?

Comment

From Freddie Mac's website
            Freddie Mac operates in a single, safe business: residential mortgages backed by the equity of millions of American homes across the nation. Freddie Mac is subject to rigorous governmental oversight and substantial capital requirements, and our financial disclosures surpass those of other large institutions. These practices ensure that our business is financially transparent and accountable to our shareholders, regulators and the American public.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
            X