• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

www.newyearmillionaire.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.newyearmillionaire.com

Read it in various papers....

Genuine? Might have a punt...

Thoughts?

The last property crash in the 90's saw people putting their home up on a lottery basis. It's a great can't lose way of getting full market value for the lottery organiser. They either sell all the tickets and get top whack, or don't and the winner instead gets to receive the ticket money taken (minus a bit).

For the punters, well it's just a lottery like any other. If you fancy the prizes and the odds then why not.

PS I have a regular punt on http://www.bestofthebest.co.uk/

Comment

It has been done before. Its no different to winning the car at the airport.
      Similar has been tried in the UK however you need a lottery license. I assume then the bank accounts are offshore and it will be unregulated.

Comment

Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
        It has been done before. Its no different to winning the car at the airport.
        Similar has been tried in the UK however you need a lottery license. I assume then the bank accounts are offshore and it will be unregulated.
        IIRC you don't need a lottery license if there is an element of skill involved. That's why bestofthebest use a spot the ball competition.

A lottery is luck and requires a licence.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          IIRC you don't need a lottery license if there is an element of skill involved. That's why bestofthebest use a spot the ball competition.

A lottery is luck and requires a licence.
          Quite right, I didnt see the token lame question associated with the entry.

Comment

A young man named Gordon bought a donkey from an old farmer for £100.00

The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day, but when the farmer drove up he said, “Sorry son, but I have some bad news… the donkey is on my truck, but unfortunately he’s dead.”

Gordon replied, “Well then, just give me my money back.”

The farmer said, “I can’t do that, because I’ve spent it already.”

Gordon said, “OK then, well just unload the donkey anyway.”

The farmer asked, “What are you going to do with him?”

Gordon answered, “I’m going to raffle him off.”

To which the farmer exclaimed, “Surely you can’t raffle off a dead donkey!”

But Gordon, with a wicked smile on his face said, “Of course I can, you watch me. I just won’t bother to tell anybody that he’s dead.”

A month later the farmer met up with Gordon and asked, “What happened with that dead donkey?”

Gordon said, “I raffled him off, sold 500 tickets at two pounds a piece, and made a huge, fat profit!!”

Totally amazed, the farmer asked, “Didn’t anyone complain that you had stolen their money because you lied about the donkey being dead?”

To which Gordon replied, “The only guy who found out about the donkey being dead was the raffle winner when he came to claim his prize. So I gave him his £2 raffle ticket money back plus an extra £200, which as you know is double the going rate for a donkey, so he thought I was a great guy!!”

Gordon grew up and eventually became the Chancellor of the Exchequer, and no matter how many times he lied, or how much money he stole from the British voters, as long as he gave them back some of the stolen money, most of them, unfortunately, still thought he was a great guy ***

The moral of this story is that, if you think Gordon is about to play fair and do something for the everyday people of the country for once in his miserable, lying life, think again my friend, because you’ll be better off flogging a dead donkey!

Comment

Smacks of credit crunch desperation to me.

Incidentally, does anyone remember discussing this on here about a year ago?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                Smacks of credit crunch desperation to me.

Incidentally, does anyone remember discussing this on here about a year ago?
                I bet there's a few "property millionaires" feeling a bit now.

Still, wait till we hit the bottom and pile in again.

Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  The last property crash in the 90's saw people putting their home up on a lottery basis. It's a great can't lose way of getting full market value for the lottery organiser. They either sell all the tickets and get top whack, or don't and the winner instead gets to receive the ticket money taken (minus a bit).

For the punters, well it's just a lottery like any other. If you fancy the prizes and the odds then why not.

PS I have a regular punt on http://www.bestofthebest.co.uk/

How many times have you won?
                  Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                    How many times have you won?
                    Zero. It's not like I am going to win a £100K car every week for a £20 punt is it?

Comment

Working...
                    X