• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I buy a new plane for my business?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I buy a new plane for my business?

The old learjet is getting a bit shabby now - it is nearly a year old. Some of the other contractors at the current gig get it washed - seems a bit much when you have to get the current model.

Do you think HMRC will object if I put through a second plane in the same year?

Thanks
    BP

Depends on what kind of plane. You need to be careful to avoid the 'stealth' taxes we keep hearing about.

IGMC

Comment

Nah they scrapped the stealth (taxes)

Comment

Yes, they will get upset if you keep bothering them. They would be far happier if you didn’t file any returns whatsoever then they can concentrate on the easier cases of the ‘little people’.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          The old learjet is getting a bit shabby now - it is nearly a year old. Some of the other contractors at the current gig get it washed - seems a bit much when you have to get the current model.

Do you think HMRC will object if I put through a second plane in the same year?

Thanks
          BP
          They can only get you if you touch the ground
          I recommend this

Threaded
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            I recommend this

Threaded
            They can't spell "carat", and their web site scrolls sideways

No way would I trust them to fly a plane

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              I recommend this

Threaded
              "The aircraft, which sports an interior renovation that cost more than $11 million, includes an 18-karat gold sink, plush leather seats, carpet, a $1.2 million sound system, and a full-service kitchen."

Do you think I have the taste of a footballer?

Comment

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/616537.htm

Comment

"I SHOULD POINT OUT THAT WE KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT MILITARY JETS AND THAT WE ARE MERELY CAR DEALERS THAT LIKE TO COLLECT THINGS, SO KEEP ANY QUESTIONS SIMPLE PLEASE. "

typical pimps.

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                    Depends on what kind of plane. You need to be careful to avoid the 'stealth' taxes we keep hearing about.

IGMC
                    But if it's one of those 'stealth' planes it should be exempt no?

Comment

Working...
                    X