• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crash in house prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash in house prices

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/gra...d/homepage.png

Not what I'd call the end of the world is it?

Boomed!

Yay!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

based on this it looks like it will bottom out at just under 100K. Just a few months to wait.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

They are having problems shifting this one.

Reduced from £4,000,000 for a quick sale.
        Knock 12.5% off - still no takers.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

That graph's very interesting. Even when the poo hit the fan, things picked up pretty quickly, and overall trend is up, up, up!

A lot of the current Doomed pap in the papers, etc., is just tired and emotional journos going for the easy Doomed story.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            They are having problems shifting this one.

Knock 12.5% off - still no takers.
            It could have costed 100000. If only it was in Swindon.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

£3.5M and yet overlooked by the neighbours!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                That graph's very interesting. Even when the poo hit the fan, things picked up pretty quickly, and overall trend is up, up, up!
                So prices virtually static from 94 to 98 is "picking up very quickly" is it?

On the basis of the "90" slump, we have 4 years of falling prices and 4 further years of static prices.

We would appear to be at the same point in the graph as at 1990. From there prices next went over the "red" line in 2002.

I really can't see this slump being very different, BICBW.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
                  So prices virtually static from 94 to 98 is "picking up very quickly" is it?

On the basis of the "90" slump, we have 4 years of falling prices and 4 further years of static prices.

We would appear to be at the same point in the graph as at 1990. From there prices next went over the "red" line in 2002.

I really can't see this slump being very different, BICBW.

tim

The chart shows that property prices are not always one-way in the short-term, but in the long-term they are definitely one-way, and that is UP !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    The chart shows that property prices are not always one-way in the short-term, but in the long-term they are definitely one-way, and that is UP !!!
                    Yep. But that only helps you if you buy at or below the long term trend (i.e. the red line). Even if we had a long slow return to the red line rather than a crash, you'd still not likely beat inflation. So anybody who owns anything now can only lose. Boomed!
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X