• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A bit of a change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit of a change

As I've mentioned before I work from home for a US company and currently going through the Canadian immigration process which will take some time.

The workload is fairly light and mostly done in the evenings anyway so I was getting a bit bored with daytime TV and trying to find the motivation to get on the bike or go to the gym. A mate of mine is the project manager for a new health centre build near where I live and suggested coming to work for his company as a labourer on the building site.

One month on and a fitter, leaner Cliphead is enjoying this complete departure from IT. It sure ain't a career change but it's a great way to get fit, shout at subcontractors and feel like I've earned a pint or two at the day's end.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    As I've mentioned before I work from home for a US company and currently going through the Canadian immigration process which will take some time.

The workload is fairly light and mostly done in the evenings anyway so I was getting a bit bored with daytime TV and trying to find the motivation to get on the bike or go to the gym. A mate of mine is the project manager for a new health centre build near where I live and suggested coming to work for his company as a labourer on the building site.

One month on and a fitter, leaner Cliphead is enjoying this complete departure from IT. It sure ain't a career change but it's a great way to get fit, shout at subcontractors and feel like I've earned a pint or two at the day's end.
    I'm sure that it will be fun provided that it doesn't rain too much where you live.

Comment

It has rained a fair bit but still managing to get a tan regardless.

Despite being the lowest rung on the ladder they have given me a desk in the site office so I can skive there when required in return for sorting IT issues. Sorted.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
      X