• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom via email

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom via email

Special MoneyWeek report August 2008

How to protect your wealth and prosper in...

BANKRUPT BRITAIN

The UK is potentially about to be battered by the biggest financial storm of our lifetimes.

If you want to make sure you survive it, you've simply got to act NOW.

In this urgent MoneyWeek report we will reveal 4 'protect & profit' investments that could make you impressive returns even as the markets plummet.

You've every right to be furious right now...

The financial industry has let you down. So has the government. Greedy financiers created the subprime time-bomb that exploded in the US last year. Weak politicians on either side of the Atlantic have allowed the crisis to spiral out of control.

Already the subprime mortgage losses have created a $200 billion fiasco that has brought down Bear Stearns and Northern Rock, sent the FTSE back 10 years and created an unprecedented worldwide credit crunch.

But for us in the UK, the worst is certainly still to come. So far the damage has been limited. It's been harder to get a mortgage. Mortgage payments and credit card bills have gone up. Investments have yo-yoed. Even so, most of us have still got our houses, our savings and the same standards of living.

But if you fail to make the right decisions right NOW, that could be all about to change...

We won't get into the complex economic background in this report. But we will tell what is likely to happen in the weeks and months ahead. We'll show you which investments are going to devastate the finances of unwary investors. We'll reveal the truth about Bankrupt Britain.

And best of all, we'll provide you with a comprehensive 'safe haven' strategy for beating what many of the world's foremost financial figures - including Alan Greenspan, Paul Volcker and George Soros - are calling the biggest crisis of our lifetimes.

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Presumably this report says I have to take my savings and existing investments (yeah, right) and put them into those owned by the four outfits that paid most to be in the report.

And that will make me safe and wealthy, yes?

Jeez. They're no better than the Nigerian scamsters.

My advice? Take your savings and book a holiday to 90% of that value. (The remaining 10% is for the surcharge they'll think up between now and then.) They can't take what you haven't got.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Are they offering to sell you something by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        ... sent the FTSE back 10 years ....
        Mmmmmmm. It's true that the FTSE 100 was at this level 10 years ago, but what happened in between is fun to look at.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

"the biggest crisis of our lifetimes. " - they should have seen the mid seventies. that was proper DOOM

youngsters. they dont know a proper crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            You should have been around in 1929... the splat of falling stockbroker was quite entertaining...
            Are we allowed to say that about 2001 yet?
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Does anyone really believe all this gloom and doom?
              Graphic DesignerVector Conversion Eagle Imagery®
              Business Networking at UK Business Labs

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle View Post
                Does anyone really believe all this gloom and doom?
                Not really... but it does help pass the time of day*.

BTW Eagle, do you really think it a good idea to associate your professional self with the drivel spewed out on this forum?

Only accountants do that around here and even they get their fingers burnt occasionally...

I'd recommend the PCG fora if you want to do that kind of thing...

*(Actually it doesn't really affect most of us anyway...)
                Last edited by cojak; 25 August 2008, 08:41.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  BTW Eagle, do you really think it a good idea to associate your professional self with the drivel spewed out on this forum?
                  Oh, this forum's quite tame, believe me.
                  Graphic DesignerVector Conversion Eagle Imagery®
                  Business Networking at UK Business Labs

Comment

"...what many of the world's foremost financial figures - including Alan Greenspan, Paul Volcker and George Soros - are calling the biggest crisis of our lifetimes. "

In fact GreenSpan is largely responsbile for the creation of this credit crunch - rather than deal with the bursting of the dot com bubble he created a hyper bubble with the no-questions-asked-easy-credit of the US Housing Market bubble.

Comment

Working...
                    X