• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you afraid of?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you afraid of?

Ok, lets be honest here. Maybe it will help us overcome our fears.

I start -- I am afraid of flying on airplanes

Snakes

Two causes, first off both myself, as a toddler and my mother would have died to a black mamba in my home in Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) if not for the family dobberman refuseing to allow us to enter the house because it knew what was inside, if the dog had not stoped us is virtually guaranteed we would have died as it was in the hallway but before the light switch so we would have stepped on it in the dark without seeing it (guess what is now our fav dog type ) .

Other was an old 80's movie called venom that i saw when i was about 8, for many years afterwards could not get into bed without "patting down" my bed to check for snakes, hell actually still do it whenever i am in a country that has a native population of them (poisonious or not), Though if we get down to it more afraid of knowing that they might be around and not being able to see them, if i can see them generally less fussed.
    Last edited by Not So Wise; 24 August 2005, 00:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
      Snakes

whenever i am in a country that has a native population of them (poisonious or not), Though if we get down to it more afraid of knowing that they might be around and not being able to see them, if i can see them generally less fussed.
      Just for badness. I think you will find most countries (outside the arctic circle) have a snake poulation.
      Am I just trying to play on your paranoia?
      Am I telling the truth?
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by AtW

Good cure for fear of flying AtW - start flying lessons.

Worked for me!
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

.net

and the TAX man
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
            Just for badness. I think you will find most countries (outside the arctic circle) have a snake poulation.
            Am I just trying to play on your paranoia?
            Am I telling the truth?
            Am i right in saying Ireland does not have snakes or New Zealand
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              I am afraid of flying on airplanes
              Understandable, especially as they seem to be dropping out of the sky at the rate of one a week, at the moment.

Oh tulip! There goes another one! This weeks' one is in Peru.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                Am i right in saying Ireland does not have snakes or New Zealand
                Shhhhhh I am playing on his paranoia. If I can just plant a seed of doubt he will be checking under the bed forever.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

I am afraid of climbing ladders. Anything more than six feet up and I am petrified.

It is not the heights. I am a reasonable rock climber and have bungied off the Vic falls bridge.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW

To be brutally honest, I fear no one, no circumstance, no event, no outcome, no obstacle - nothing.

As the Bible says …"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Rom 8:31 and "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

Chico in "1 Corinthians 1:31 mode"
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                    X