• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Financial slowdown 'to drag on'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial slowdown 'to drag on'

If this carries on the contractor market is going into reverse. I'd be shtting myself if I had a big mortgage to pay.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai.../cnecon125.xml

The economic downturn is as bad as the 1970s and could "drag on for some considerable time", one of Britain's most senior economists has said.

Charles Bean is the Bank of England's new deputy governor
    Charles Bean, the Bank of England's new deputy governor, said that every time the financial markets began to look better "another grenade" exploded.

Originally posted by Turion View Post
    If this carries on the contractor market is going into reverse. I'd be shtting myself if I had a big mortgage to pay.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai.../cnecon125.xml

The economic downturn is as bad as the 1970s and could "drag on for some considerable time", one of Britain's most senior economists has said.

Charles Bean is the Bank of England's new deputy governor
    Charles Bean, the Bank of England's new deputy governor, said that every time the financial markets began to look better "another grenade" exploded.

Ah - this old chesnut.

As I ventured last November - the really interesting stage commences in when banks lack the confidence to lend to other banks.

And I believe we are now nearing that stage of the scenario ?

Four in the morning - crapped out
    Yawning - longing my life away
    I never worry - Why Should I ?
    Its all gonna fade away ...
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 25 August 2008, 10:25.

Comment

You remind me of Felix Dennis, Alf.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
        You remind me of Felix Dennis, Alf.
        wot cos of the poetry?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
          wot cos of the poetry?
          And the language and older man wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            Ah - this old chesnut.

As I ventured last November - the really interesting stage commences in when banks lack the confidence to lend to other banks.

And I believe we are now nearing that stage of the scenario ?

Four in the morning - crapped out
            Yawning - longing my life away
            I never worry - Why Should I ?
            Its all gonna fade away ...

I don't know where you have been for the past year but that is precisely the reason why we have had the credit crunch for a year or so, and why HMG rather belatedly lent to Northern Rock.

Comment

Working...
            X