• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Brown Bonkers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Brown Bonkers

Guido needs to ask!
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Yes, but no more than most politicians. Idiocy comes with the job.
    Sad, but true.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      Sad, but true.

They are all completely bonkers in New Lie. Now it appears that sex education from the age of four is on the agenda. No wonder we have the highest level of teenage pregnancies in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        They are all completely bonkers in New Lie. Now it appears that sex education from the age of four is on the agenda. No wonder we have the highest level of teenage pregnancies in Europe.

Could be Belgium or Austria, depending on the number of Fritzl-esque basements that exist.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberTory View Post

As ever, your observations are untroubled by facts or logic. The sex education proposals came from a cross party committee of MPs. How can something proposed for the future be the cause of a current problem?

Comment

Marriage policy of the Tories IS the key

I think the Tories are on a winner here as I believe that marriage is the cornerstone to a society and children within marriage are more likely to be confident and successful as adults. 60% of black children have one parent families and surely this is real evidence of the crux of the problem with knife crime etc, with the inherent lack of family discipline and father figure.

There is no history of divorce in my wide sphere of relatives and when I consider the apparent happiness and stability of all of these people, approx 50individuals of all ages, I see evidence in my eyes of why our society is riddled with crime and violence.

The Tories are going to implement a tax policy that promotes marriage. Other types of relationships of course are acceptable, but should not rank at the same level of marriage.

I am optimistic for the future because of this. I just only wish that the current government could also see the obvious benefits of this policy and introduce it ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              As ever, your observations are untroubled by facts or logic. The sex education proposals came from a cross party committee of MPs. How can something proposed for the future be the cause of a current problem?

It is my belief that sex education as it stands at the moment IS A PROBLEM. Lowering the age still further will exacerbate the situation. Of course, you would not see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                It is my belief that sex education as it stands at the moment IS A PROBLEM. Lowering the age still further will exacerbate the situation. Of course, you would not see that.
                I see. So any Tory MPs on that cross party committee are wrong ? Telling kids where babies come from causes teenage pregnancy - better to keep them in the dark - is that it ?

Comment

I see. So any Tory MPs on that cross party committee are wrong ? Telling kids where babies come from causes teenage pregnancy - better to keep them in the dark - is that it ?

Forcing your political agenda down four year olds throats is what is wrong and I see this on a par with 'grooming'. Kids can learn at their own pace and then there would be no need to hand out condoms in schools to seven year olds.

Why in heaven's name does a kid at 4 years old need to know where babies come from ? If it did ask then the parents can answer it in a pleasant way. Schools are not needed to do this.

Comment

Hey, promoting family values and not sex education has really worked in America ... umm, actually they're worse than us.

Studies show that teaching kids sex education results in the average age of mothers being higher, whatever your moral stand on it.

The two western countries at the top of the disaster league, the United States and the United Kingdom, are those in which conservative campaigns are among the strongest and sex education and access to contraception are among the weakest. The US, the UN Population Fund's figures show, is the only rich nation stuck in the middle of the third world block, with 53 births per 1,000 teenagers - a record worse than those of India, the Philippines and Rwanda. The UK comes next with 20. The nations the conservatives would place at the top of the list are clumped at the bottom. Germany and Norway produce 11 babies per 1,000 teenagers, Finland eight, Sweden and Denmark seven and the Netherlands five.

Unicef's explanation is pretty unequivocal. Sweden, for example, radically changed its sex education policies in 1975. "Recommendations of abstinence and sex only within marriage were dropped, contraceptive education was made explicit, and a nationwide network of youth clinics was established specifically to provide confidential contraceptive advice and free contraceptives ... Over the next two decades, Sweden saw its teenage birth rate fall by 80 per cent." Sexually transmitted diseases, in contrast to the rising rates in the UK and the US, declined by 40% in the 1990s.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X