• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

german supermarkets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

german supermarkets

following on from the "where do you shop?" thread.. for those contracting in germany, where do you shop?

i would put up a poll but i have no idea what supermarkets there are other than Kaufland and Rewe, not ventured into either yet..

i need a mug/cup, some teabags and milk, the tight bar stewards here dont provide either..
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

I prefer Rewe, it is close and has what I need.

There is also Plus - which is well dodgy - and Aldi and Lidl and one called pennymarkt ( never been in any of the last 3 though).

Annoyingly I have not found one that delivers. (Annoying to the wife that is )
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      following on from the "where do you shop?" thread.. for those contracting in germany, where do you shop?

i would put up a poll but i have no idea what supermarkets there are other than Kaufland and Rewe, not ventured into either yet..

i need a mug/cup, some teabags and milk, the tight bar stewards here dont provide either..
      Teabags? Ha ha ha ha ha. Get em shipped over or bring em in your hand luggage.
      Shops are pretty good. Kaufland is a bit like a cross between a supermarket and a wholesalers as are others, usualy sell a good range of stuff too. You will find the odd Spar knocking around as well as Aldi and Lidl. You should also find others that you dont recognise like Edeka. You should find food halls in Karstadt and Kaufhof.

Forget your usual shopping though. You will have to learn which German products best match.

If you like Deli food then there is a superb (and I mean superb) market hall in downtown Stuttgart.

PM me for an at length discussion I may even give you my work emaill addy.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        Teabags? Ha ha ha ha ha. Get em shipped over or bring em in your hand luggage.
        Done, tetley tea is en route

If you like Deli food then there is a superb (and I mean superb) market hall in downtown Stuttgart.
        Love deli food, i'll be heading there this evening

PM me for an at length discussion I may even give you my work emaill addy.
        Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          Done, tetley tea is en route

Love deli food, i'll be heading there this evening
          If you do see so called "English tea" there, it's probably nothing like the proper stuff. Above all, avoid "Lipton Yellow Brand" - it's cack.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            If you do see so called "English tea" there, it's probably nothing like the proper stuff. Above all, avoid "Lipton Yellow Brand" - it's cack.
            Bed & Breakfast / Cheap hotel tea

Comment

Thomas,

is that the Rewe in bergerstrasse ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                Thomas,

is that the Rewe in bergerstrasse ?

Milan.
                Yes.

How do you know?
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

do you
                  Last edited by milanbenes; 26 August 2008, 12:15.

Comment

are you stalking him milan?

Comment

Working...
                    X