• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

30 mins late for interview - thanks multimap.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 mins late for interview - thanks multimap.

Prepared everything the night before including maps/directions on multimap.

Arrived at destination only to discover I was parked in the middle of some random housing estate. After speaking to lots of people and a few litres of petrol, I eventually found my way round the maze of streets to the client and sat down exactly 30 mins late for the interview.

Client was not too impressed. Explained situation, apologised, did an okay/good interview, apologised again.

Will wait and see what the result is!

Lesson learned: Don't trust Multimap 100%.
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

That's why I use Autoroute, TomTom and a good old fashioned A to Z.

I hate being late for meetings, I can't imagine that you performed to your best in those circumstances.

Comment

I remember Multimap, wasn't that the old-fashioned site people used about five years ago before all the other superior alternatives came along?

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
        I remember Multimap, wasn't that the old-fashioned site people used about five years ago before all the other superior alternatives came along?
        Yes. Next.

PS The AA or RAC have much better online route finders. Also no excuse not to have Sat Nav either these days.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          That's why I use Autoroute, TomTom and a good old fashioned A to Z.

I hate being late for meetings, I can't imagine that you performed to your best in those circumstances.
          Surprisingly the opposite happened, I was so of the opinion my chances were f**ked that I performed amazingly well feeling there was very little pressure as things couldn't get much worse haha! Probably give it a 9 out of 10 for how it went..

The dilemma I have is it's leaving a long term gig for a short one (ok the money is a bit better), but not sure what to do.. the role is quite a good one and would look good on my CV.. is it worth ditching a very long term project to achieve this with the prospect of looking again after the new year? Feels like a no lose situation right now, either I get the job and my career benefits, or I don't get it and I'm financially secure for as long as I choose.
          The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

I'd have given my driver a sound thrashing if he cocked up like that
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Tell them you've been sitting in reception for forty minutes, and that reception must have left a voicemail for the wrong person. Get a bit stroppy too.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                Tell them you've been sitting in reception for forty minutes, and that reception must have left a voicemail for the wrong person. Get a bit stroppy too.
                Start the contract as you mean to go on.

i.e. a web of lies, half truths and cover ups.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Start the contract as you mean to go on.

i.e. a web of lies, half truths and cover ups.

DP! You forgot Incompetence
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    I'd have given my driver a sound thrashing if he cocked up like that
                    You have to see your clients and not them come to you?
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X