• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Millipede, Sarko, Merkel - Shut it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Millipede, Sarko, Merkel - Shut it!

President Medvedev set tensions soaring when he recognised the independence of two breakaway republics inside Georgia. ..........
    The move brought instant condemnation from the United States, Britain, France, Germany and other Western countries. President Bush appealed to the Kremlin to “reconsider this irresponsible decision”. David Miliband, the Foreign Secretary, said that it was “unjustifiable and unacceptable”.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4615158.ece

So just what you gonna do about it? Hmmm? Nothing. Worst case, you'll go hide behind Condi to protect you from nasty Ivan. So why all the mouthing off? Just makes you look (even more) stupid.
    Bored.

Hmm... I heard the US was considering sending troops into Georgia on R4 this morning. What a bright idea.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Hmm... I heard the US was considering sending troops into Georgia on R4 this morning. What a bright idea.

The rednecks in Atlanta must be bricking it.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post

A 3rd World War would ruin my plans at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          A 3rd World War would ruin my plans at the moment.
          Invest in arms manufacturing, and, for the long term, construction companies; someones gotta rebuild southern Russia, formerly known as Georgia.
          B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            The rednecks in Atlanta must be bricking it.

Very witty indeed!

Comment

I think it's rich that all of a sudden the West is interested in territorial integrity yet just 3 months ago it was fine to recognise Kosovo’s independence.

I never thought I'd see the day that I'd realise just how much of a big game international politics is. I pity the pawns.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                I think it's rich that all of a sudden the West is interested in territorial integrity yet just 3 months ago it was fine to recognise Kosovo’s independence.

I never thought I'd see the day that I'd realise just how much of a big game international politics is. I pity the prawns.
                Yeah, me too. All that death and destruction just for a cocktail.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                  Exactly. They set precedent. I'm with the Russians on this one.
                  Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                    Exactly. They set precedent. I'm with the Russians on this one.

It is Georgian territory and Georgia did not start these problems. South Ossetia were rocketing Georgia for weeks with Russian help before Georgia naively retaliated. If we do not help Georgia, then many other countries are at risk. It is clear that Russia are trying to again provoke Georgia so another full-scale invasion and takeover can be launched.

As far as Kosovo is concerned, ethnic cleansing was being perpetrated by the Serbs from the ruling state of Serbia, We went to their aid and we did not take over the state, but those people wanted independence from Serbia and it was recognised by the West, as it was also with Croatia and Montenegro.

In no way was Georgia carrying out ethnic cleansing of South Ossetia...if it was then it could be deemed a similar scenario, but it clearly is not!!! In fact Russia has been ethnically cleansing Georgians from Ossetia etc in order to rule those states.

... and if you believe that Russia will allow Ossetia etc. autonomy in the same way that the West has allowed it through the independence of Kosovo, Croatia and Montenegro, then you are incredibly naive. Milliband etc here are doing exactly the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X