• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

i have messed up big time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have messed up big time

per previous thread it hasn’t gone going to plan

I submitted a ton of timesheets for the last 5 months

The reason being I took my time setting up the ltd business and accountant along with the business back account.

However I submitted my 5months worth of timesheets to hays-it and they have sent out the payment to Parasol IT, who used to be my umbrella company.

It seems because I did not tell hays I wanted them to pay me via my Ltd, they sent a huge payment to Parasol and cannot reverse it since it would be an accounting nightmare to do, even though I officially left parasol-IT and they even said they could send the payment back to Hays-IT.

Damn that means I have to reregister with parasol and send back the p45 and submit the bloody train tickets etc, this is a nightmare.

I just can’t understand why it’s so complex and why hays can’t just reset everything and pay it directly to my ltd, the timesheets I sent them had my business name and not parsol-it.
    They said that this would have to be approved by a director and is almost impossible to do.

Submitting 5months worth of timeseets via an umbrella company is going to kill the wage i just know it.

Get some decent legal advice. On the face of it, if I do work, and send an invoice for them to pay MyCo, and they send the payment to trsiskoCo, then I think the law would be rather on your side.

One question - what does the invoice have written on it? Does it specify your company and your payment details?

Oh, and "it would be an accounting nightmare" seems somewhat testicular. Parasol pay the money back to Hays. Hays pay you correctly. A couple of entries in the books. What's so nightmarish about that?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

They pay on timesheets ?

I only get paid on invoice.

If my company sends an invoice I expect my company to be paid and not someone else.

Comment

whs - if you've invoiced Hays and they've paid the wrong people then it's tough.

Get Parasol to send the payment back to Hays saying it was sent to them in error.

Re-invoice Hays again or issue follow-up saying your co has not rec'd funds.

If it needs a director to get the job done correctly then thats what should happen - my guess is someone has cocked up and they are covering their backside and don't want their mistake highlighted to senior management.
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
          It seems because I did not tell hays I wanted them to pay me via my Ltd, they sent a huge payment to Parasol and cannot reverse it since it would be an accounting nightmare to do, even though I officially left parasol-IT and they even said they could send the payment back to Hays-IT.

Damn that means I have to reregister with parasol and send back the p45 and submit the bloody train tickets etc, this is a nightmare.

I just can’t understand why it’s so complex and why hays can’t just reset everything and pay it directly to my ltd, the timesheets I sent them had my business name and not parsol-it.
          They said that this would have to be approved by a director and is almost impossible to do.

Submitting 5months worth of timeseets via an umbrella company is going to kill the wage i just know it.
          What they mean to say is "I can't be arsed to do the paperwork to get the money back".

Just remind them that by sending the money to Parasol they have not discharged the debt to your co - i'd go with this route.

Its not an "accounting nightmare" its very simple they just can't be arsed.

Get parasol to send the money back. Buts it a case of 6 of one half a dozen of the other. You should have told them you were changing how you were paid. Just changing the name on the timesheet wont spark them into action.

However your co name on the timesheet does mean that you could claim they've paid the wrong people.

Comment

hi thanks for the useful info as usual, very grateful

Im asking penta consulting who go me the job with Hays to contact them and sort it out, my timeseets did say the name of my ltd company btw...

im stressing hard , i dont want to sign up with Parasol to get paid, its a nightmare they want my passport and my p45 which they sent to me a few months ago

Comment

Don't Hays operate self-billing? In which case they will have decided what name is on the invoice.

On another matter, Hays won't pay invoices to a company for work done before that company was set up. A week or two maybe but 5 months?

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
                hi thanks for the useful info as usual, very grateful

Im asking penta consulting who go me the job with Hays to contact them and sort it out, my timeseets did say the name of my ltd company btw...

im stressing hard , i dont want to sign up with Parasol to get paid, its a nightmare they want my passport and my p45 which they sent to me a few months ago
                ok, but as I and SP said - get Parasol to send the payment back - it really then puts the ball back in Hays court as you haven't been paid, and you can persue them for the debt.

PS Penta may not want to upset hays too much - so don't take any bull from them either, if you don't get any joy mention that you'll speak with the "end client" regarding this - that might worry them a bit
                Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  What they mean to say is "I can't be arsed to do the paperwork to get the money back".

Just remind them that by sending the money to Parasol they have not discharged the debt to your co - i'd go with this route.

Its not an "accounting nightmare" its very simple they just can't be arsed.

Get parasol to send the money back. Buts it a case of 6 of one half a dozen of the other. You should have told them you were changing how you were paid. Just changing the name on the timesheet wont spark them into action.

However your co name on the timesheet does mean that you could claim they've paid the wrong people.
                  In resolving things this might prove to be the crux of the problem:-

It seems because I did not tell hays I wanted them to pay me via my Ltd
                  I think hays use a self billing system. How on earth would they know. The key question would seem to be "who did hays have a contract with when this work was undertaken".

Personally it doesn't seem to me that the agent has done anything wrong, granted they might have been a bit lax in not querying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
                    ...On another matter, Hays won't pay invoices to a company for work done before that company was set up. A week or two maybe but 5 months?
                    Good point that. If the contract was Hays to Parasol, then they're obliged to pay Parasol.

If, however, Hays have screwed up, the approach if you can't get the money out of them, would be to start dunning procedures to the agent, copy to the Hays directors home address. Include the line:

cc: Hays Finance Director, Hays MD.

That will get things moving, pdq.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X