• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new job and hate it ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new job and hate it ?

Having been in a new job for 3 weeks now i absolutly hate it, no scope for progress and the environment is really crappy.

should i start looking now and lie and say the perm job was a contract or stick around for a while as i was benched for a very long time.

searching for jobs on jobserve was more stimulating than working where i am

Don't leave till you find another job

Don't leave till you find another job, then bail out with a week's notice. Just say it was a short term post if anybody asks.

Comment

Yes, bail when you find another job. At least it pays a lot more than JSA, which you probably would not get if you simply left. You'd need to make sure you get fired, good and proper.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        Yes, bail when you find another job. At least it pays a lot more than JSA, which you probably would not get if you simply left. You'd need to make sure you get fired, good and proper.
        lol i benched for 2 years and did not claim jsa i would not lower myself even if i never worked for 10 years.

The money aspect is secondary to me , i would rather find a role that you can actually learn some new skills rather than just fill someones shoes who has left.

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
          i would rather find a role that you can actually learn some new skills.
          WTF did you do in your two years on the bench then!?
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

People like you are what's wrong with this country.

You think your clever because you have not sponged off the state but what you have in fact done is allowed useless government minsters to say they have one less unemployed person on the stats.

You should always claim it all the time. If you do not want to sponge just invest it in small ventures that may make you and someone else a living if they ever pull it off. Another small business won't impress voters at an election so, it's not much for the govt to claim.

There will always be spin governments, but lets not try and help them and then be stupid enough to think we are being clever about it!

Comment

Originally posted by LazyFan View Post
              People like you are what's wrong with this country.

You think your clever because you have not sponged off the state but what you have in fact done is allowed useless government minsters to say they have one less unemployed person on the stats.

You should always claim it all the time. If you do not want to sponge just invest it in small ventures that may make you and someone else a living if they ever pull it off. Another small business won't impress voters at an election so, it's not much for the govt to claim.

There will always be spin governments, but lets not try and help them and then be stupid enough to think we are being clever about it!

i would not say i think i am clever,just not prepared to fill out millions of forms and tell them my business. or visit the jc every 2 weeks.
              Had i met you 2 years ago you could of gladly collected the cash and ensure the stats and figures are correct on my behalf if that`s what floats your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                You now only get JSA for 6 months... then it's Income Support or whatever... unless of course you have more than £3k in savings...
                i lost out on 1.5k sponge money then it sounds. whoop e doo

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                  WTF did you do in your two years on the bench then!?
                  did a few Microsoft courses, but without real life experience in certain area`s you wont get the work.

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
                    lol i benched for 2 years and did not claim jsa i would not lower myself even if i never worked for 10 years.
                    Yes, but the first six months of JSA are contributions based so I am assuming you would have been entitled to from your previous contributions.

After the 6 months it normally switches to income-based JSA.

Remember also that your Nat. Ins. stamps are paid when you sign on.

Comment

Working...
                    X