• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Painting a house once exchanged contracts…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting a house once exchanged contracts…..

Is this possible??

It is looking like I will have just 2 days between completion and moving into my new place (got mine rented out for a 6 month tenancy, hopefully long term).

With this in mind, is it possible to obtain access to paint and carpet the place once exchanged contracts, bearing in mind I will be stumping up a £45K deposit??

House has been lived in by an old lady, original carpets from the 60’s when the house was built, and stinking – needs a darned good airing and painting to make it inhabitable.

get it written into the contract
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

At least get something in writting and inform you solicitor. If you dont and the contract doesnt go through there is a risk that they do you for criminal damage.

Comment

You expect us to beleive you have got to the stage of letting your old house and prepared to exchange contracts on your new one without posting every inane detail on here and asking advice on every little descision?

<<<canned laughter>>>
        Still Invoicing

Comment

Wilmsloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Milan.

Comment

Just a suggestion - don't you think it would be a good idea to ask your solicitor?

Comment

I can believe Wilmsloooooooooooooooow's purchase went pretty fast, considering all over the news there are reports of house prices falling 10% and more the seller were probably happy just have someone interested and snapped Wilmslooooooooooooow's arm off on his first offer, happy that they didn't have to discount to the level they were expecting

statistics will show that 1 house was sold in the north west in august !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                statistics will show that 1 house was sold in the north west in august !

I just flogged one to some mug last Friday. BOOMED !!!

Comment

Working...
                X