• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phishing - HSBC/Lloyds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phishing - HSBC/Lloyds

How many emails have you received? I have counted 5 so far!

Pathetic

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
    How many emails have you received? I have counted 5 so far!

Pathetic

I got a couple of Abbey last week
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Not the banks fault though, in fairness.

Did you ever follow up with them? Applies more to the 401 scammers, but its fun to tag them along for a bit if you have nothing better to do..

Comment

I got a response from a scammer saying how he didn't appreciate being given wrong numbers to call. All because I got him to call Oldham police asking for Mr PC Pig.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          I got a response from a scammer saying how he didn't appreciate being given wrong numbers to call. All because I got him to call Oldham police asking for Mr PC Pig.

I must remember that one.

Comment

Originally posted by ft101 View Post
            Applies more to the 401 scammers
            Is that a discounted 419 scam? Are the Indians undercutting the Nigerians now?
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

HAHAHA you got me... it didn't sound right, but I couldnae be arsed looking it up either

EDIT: Seen this: http://www.fthe.net/blog/?p=3

Comment

That's a good one. I find the 419 baiters amusing. Check this one out...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                X