• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Housebuilders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Housebuilders

Do you think, given the state of Britains house builders balance sheets (heavily leveraged and holding assets falling off a cliff) that some will go bust in a year or two's time?

If so, would Darling bail them out or let them die?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Do you think, given the state of Britains house builders balance sheets (heavily leveraged and holding assets falling off a cliff) that some will go bust in a year or two's time?

If so, would Darling bail them out or let them die?
    I'm just waiting for the big asset, plant and machinery auctions, good export potential there if you know what you're doing
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      ... would Darling bail them out or let them die?
      He will bail out those that are in Labour constituencies and let the rest die.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised to see at least some mergers or collapses. I doubt that Darling would do a bail out, it's not like it's a bank.

Comment

No worries:

"GOVERNMENT ORDERS EVERYONE TO MOVE HOUSE

EVERYONE in Britain has been given three weeks to move house and then redo the bathroom as part of the government's plan to boost the ailing economy.

'Treasury officials believe there will be a beneficial 'knock-on effect' of the mass house move involving removal firms, trips to B&Q and £90-an-hour plumbers making questionable remarks in front of your wife.

Chancellor Alistair Darling said: "It is now more than 20 years since moving house replaced coal mining as this country's chief economic activity.

"It is now so important to our economic well-being that if no-one moves house, everything turns to tulip within seconds

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-200808051153/

I can't read that site at work, the laughing out loud is frowned upon. It's a problem I rarely experience with this site. Keep up the good work.
          Bored.

Comment

I read that article, seems like a well thought out and rational policy to me.

Certainly worthy of any of the 3 main political parties.

Comment

Housebuilders joke:

Q: What's the difference between Wimpy and Wimpey?

A: One's burgered and the other's burggered.

(I'll get me coat, again)

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                Housebuilders joke:

Q: What's the difference between Wimpy and Wimpey?

A: One's burgered and the other's burggered.

(I'll get me coat, again)
                Based on your past efforts, suggest you keep it on

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  Based on your past efforts, suggest you keep it on
                  I was about to do that line, foiled again!!!!

I assume the joke also has a typo with an extra r in the last word.....

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-200808051153/

I can't read that site at work, the laughing out loud is frowned upon. It's a problem I rarely experience with this site. Keep up the good work.
                    He added: "Then it's off to B&Q where the Madrid three-piece bathroom suite is just £279, including a mixer tap."

I've just bought the Barcelona suite for one of my bathrooms.
                    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                    X