• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome to the CUK Dragon's Den

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the CUK Dragon's Den

The millionaire and tycoon Dim Prawn is willing to fund your ideas for Plans B.
    Please make your pitches.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

why do you fancy the prawn so much?
    Still Invoicing

Comment

I'll go first:

Mr Honourable Dim (but exceedingly rich) crustacean,

I have this plan to buy loads of BTLs and rent them out. I would like £100K for a 5% share equity in my potential property business in order to fund the deposits. Your returns will be infinite.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I would like 5000K to start an interweb forum for contractors. There will be no revenue but a lot of fictional characters.

Fancy a go?
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I'll go first:

Mr Honourable Dim (but exceedingly rich) crustacean,

I have this plan to buy loads of BTLs and rent them out. I would like £100K for a 5% share equity in my potential property business in order to fund the deposits. Your returns would have been infinite.

Move on, BTL is dead.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Move on, BTL is dead.

HTH
            BTL is dead and for that reason I'm out.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

BTL is fine if you've got a large enough stake to secure a good interest rate and aren't after short term gains.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                BTL is fine if you've got a large enough stake to secure a good interest rate and aren't after short term gains.
                Sorry but a long term investment is just a short term investment gone wrong.

BTL is all about equity gains and prices a falling off a cliff and will be for a long time. Gains in equity are many years away.

Why would anyone seriously go for a punt now and not at the bottom of the market?

Comment

You're still going to make a gain if you buy now or in 3 years, the only difference is in your percentage. In fact, the last BTL I bought at the height of the market will still return me a huge gain compared to my initial stake in 25 years.

You want short term gains, play the stock market. You want an alternative to your pension, BTL.
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

My cunning plan is to sit around doing nothing but posting rubbish on CUK, all day, every day.

Clearly this scheme has worked brilliantly for DP.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X