• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paper Free Accounting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper Free Accounting?

Kind of asked this in Business / Contracts but I guess it's more of a accountancy thing. I'm going to give SJD a call tomorrow to discuss it but thought I'd ask here first.

I'm going to be working for my current client whilst travelling after my current contract comes to an end. The hours are going to be ad hoc averaging about 20 hours a week as I get the time so I want an easy way to invoice based on a number of hours I've put in.

At the moment I'm still with Parasol and they have a web portal where you just login and fill in a timesheet. No paper involved. I want to know if any of the accountants offer something as simple, handling the invoicing and stuff so an internet connection is all I need?

The other issues are around when the contract comes to an end as I'll be in Australia by November with a valid 1 year work visa so could be doing this a few evenings a week as well as work over there (though I like to think I can avoid overstressing myself like that) but more likely I'll finish with it after a few months and then start working there.

One reason I'm reluctant to go Ltd is if it did come to an end early then the accountancy services in the UK that I'd have paid for a year would be nearly useless whereas Parasol only charges when I get payments.

What's the tax situation if I'm resident elsewhere while earning pounds for a UK company?

Anyone done anything remotely similar with advice? Is it worth setting up a Ltd at this stage?

This is probably better off discussed in a phone call with the accountants themselves, they will advise you.. but call a few to get some options on the table? You should then be able to decide what best suits your circumstances.
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Working...
    X