• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Russia cutting off oil?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russia cutting off oil?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...nrussia129.xml

Kind of hope they do, they're doing a great long term job of isolating themselves ...
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...nrussia129.xml

Kind of hope they do, they're doing a great long term job of isolating themselves ...
    Me too. Fook em.

Comment

Wait until the oil runs out* and see if all this posturing malarcky turns into the real thing. We are genetically no different from when the other big wars happened. Build nukes and wind farms now! (and the Severn Estuary bird sanctuary).

i.e. supply significantly less than demand.

Comment

I cant see the Russians turning off the oil unilaterally. There is nothing for them to gain by doing it upfront. It would just turn up the tensions massively, something they dont want/need right now.

They will only apply such oil sanctions in response to European sanctions being applied to them first. Something we would be a bit mad to try imho, but who knows.
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          We are genetically no different from when the other big wars happened.
          What?
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I think the mash sums it up well...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/i...-200808291211/

WE'RE A GIGANTIC COUNTRY FILLED WITH OIL, GAS AND WHEAT, RUSSIA REMINDS EU
            RUSSIA brushed aside the threat of EU sanctions last night, stressing it is a vast country, filled to bursting with absolutely everything it needs.

Moscow is braced for a Bovril shortageAs foreign secretary David Miliband told Russia its continued support for South Ossetian independence was incredibly rude, the Russians continued with their purchase of another 700 square miles of Surrey.

Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin said: "Sanction what? Maybe you cut off supplies of Colman's mustard and H and P sauce, yes?

"Or maybe you cut off supply of gas and oil. Oh wait, we have more gas and oil than all you put together. In fact I am having more gas in lower intestine than in all of North Sea. You want my gas?

"Maybe we cut off your gas and no turn back on until you sing Bryan Adams song and give foot massage."

He added: "Also I have wheat farm size of France so am being unlikely to starve. Or maybe I just take half of grain from farm and use it to bury Scotland. You know, for laugh.

"But, oh no, maybe you cut off foreign investment, yes? Maybe you no buy our football teams, our mansions and our vast, highland shooting estates?

"Anyway, who care? We go do business with Arab and Chinese who not give gold-plated, sweet and sour tulip."

Comment

They're not filled with people. Only 140m, and falling rapidly. Long term they're finished if they do not get that key point sorted quickly. EU has 450m for starters. No contest I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                They're not filled with people. Only 140m, and falling rapidly. Long term they're finished if they do not get that key point sorted quickly. EU has 450m for starters. No contest I would say.
                Theres 46 million in the ukraine just bursting to swell the ranks of mother russia....

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                  Theres 46 million in the ukraine just bursting to swell the ranks of mother russia....
                  Kinda like a greater russia sort of thing?

Interesting idea, never seen that before
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                    Don't think so. It only takes a handful of them to reduce the EU to a smouldering ruin.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X