• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst blag of the day award….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst blag of the day award….

My nomination is a guy working on behalf of a major IT company, said he knows TestDirector.

We need to upload his word test scripts into QC – anyone knowing their QC knows that getting the tests into a Excel template and exporting using the mapping grid is the way to go.

The con-tractor who professes to know QC insisted on using a Word template. Knowing it does not work well I said sure, go ahead, but you will have to work out the mappings which he refuses / can’t do.

He has 500 scripts to upload, advises this will take months ?!? A team of 4 will sort it in less than a day…..

Finally, he has TWO expected results per test step and asked me to re-write QC to cater for this!!

He is now doing phone a friend, and since suggested he has used Defects part of QC once…….

Anyone pulled a blag, and got away with glory, or suffered death?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    My nomination is a guy working on behalf of a major IT company, said he knows TestDirector.

We need to upload his word test scripts into QC – anyone knowing their QC knows that getting the tests into a Excel template and exporting using the mapping grid is the way to go.

The con-tractor who professes to know QC insisted on using a Word template. Knowing it does not work well I said sure, go ahead, but you will have to work out the mappings which he refuses / can’t do.

He has 500 scripts to upload, advises this will take months ?!? A team of 4 will sort it in less than a day…..

Finally, he has TWO expected results per test step and asked me to re-write QC to cater for this!!

He is now doing phone a friend, and since suggested he has used Defects part of QC once…….

I'm sorry I was bored after the 2nd sentence.

Comment

Everytime I think you can't get any more dull, out plops another little gem...
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

You know, you sound more like a bitter permie every day.

C'mon, jump ship like me!

Comment

I make to the third line, I won.

Comment

A script monkey's just a failed Techie anyway, who cares.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I'm sorry I was bored after the 2nd sentence.

I didn't even get beyond the first line.

I won.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I didn't even read the post, just jumped straight to the insults.

Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Can I have two minutes of my life back please?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    Can I have two minutes of my life back please?

+1

Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X