• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: The Recession is Worsening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: The Recession is Worsening

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/ar...749662,00.html

"THE recession in manufacturing looked set to worsen yesterday after a survey of the sector showed that slowing consumer spending and soaring oil prices had caused new business to fall at its fastest rate for nearly two years. "

"Manufacturers in the eurozone are faring much better than those in Britain, data from Eurostat, the European Union statistics office, suggested yesterday. Orders in the eurozone rose by 3.1 per cent in June and 4.9 per cent over the year. David Brown, of Bear Stearns, said: “It’s another piece in the jigsaw showing the eurozone economy turning the corner.” "

Milan.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 25 August 2005, 06:44.

there is someone out there who is making a lot of money from this type of thing, think of all the "consultants" telling business how to cut costs, outsource, import from different locations, advertise, etc, etc.....
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Meanwhile in Euroland the economy is booming, record numbers in employment, tax revenues up, investment up, record house ownership.
      Euroland rocks.

Milan
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Chico,

I saw a new shape Merc R class yesterday, I don't know which one it was but I am convinced it is from the same line as the Chrysler PT Cruiser, just a little smoother lines.

To be honest, financially for Mercedes prostituting themselves with Chrysler may have been a good mve, sharing platforms etc, but it has definately devalued the brand and these days every Merc is just a re-bodied Chrysler, eg:

ML is crossed with Grand Cherokee and engines too

E class Merc is crossed with Chrysler 300

New Merc R class crossed with Chrysler PT Cruiser

Tell me this is not a rebodied PT Cruiser...

http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/meris...s\n455483a.jpg

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          Chico,

I saw a new shape Merc R class yesterday, I don't know which one it was but I am convinced it is from the same line as the Chrysler PT Cruiser, just a little smoother lines.

To be honest, financially for Mercedes prostituting themselves with Chrysler may have been a good mve, sharing platforms etc, but it has definately devalued the brand and these days every Merc is just a re-bodied Chrysler, eg:

ML is crossed with Grand Cherokee and engines too

E class Merc is crossed with Chrysler 300

New Merc R class crossed with Chrysler PT Cruiser

Tell me this is not a rebodied PT Cruiser...

http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/meris...s\n455483a.jpg

Milan.
          Milan, we've already ascertained that you know sod all about cars. You drive a Skoda for fecks sake!

Comment

let's just say, if you buy a merc these days it is simply a re-badged Chrysler

clever marketing eh

Milan.

Comment

let's just say, if you buy a merc these days it is simply a re-badged Chrysler

clever marketing eh

Milan.
              Not if it's an AMG it ain't.

Comment

aye you're right

keep spending it, maybe your contribution will stop the UK's recession from worsening

Milan.

Comment

aye you're right

keep spending it, maybe your contribution will stop the UK's recession from worsening

Milan.
                  Spending? Moi? Filled the wife's car up again this morning... £73.17.

Ah well, it's on expenses so who gives a feck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                    Meanwhile in Euroland the economy is booming, record numbers in employment, tax revenues up, investment up, record house ownership.
                    Euroland rocks.
                    Well as a matter fact....how should I put this, the recovery is still in its early stages but.

.....yes

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X