• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who is the retard?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the retard?

Pre-requisite reading is the discussion here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...off-oil-7.html

So who is the retard here? Poll coming.
    The Chinese who supposedly buy energy from dodgy countries at market prices
    0.00%
    sasguru claiming the Chinese pay market price for oil from Iran
    44.44%
    AtW who says the whole point of buying from dodgy regimes is to avoid paying market price
    22.22%
    AndyW who is quids in by arranging such dodgy deals
    33.33%

According to atw's argument, the oil producers are voluntarily fore-going revenue in order to sell to the Chinese.
    How naive can you get?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      How naive can you get?
      A lot, lot worse: Our Ken
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

My arguement is well detailed in that thread - it proves comprehensively that China chooses to deal with dodgy people and they get big discount on energy prices for that (which is the whole point of the deal).

Russia exports 5 mln barrels per day, and China oil imports are actually much lower than this figure - http://www.energyinvestmentstrategie...imports-ahead/ - "3.25 million barrels per day)" - this means that Russia would have more oil on offer than China actually buys, are you insane thinking China would pay market prices when suddenly they get such huge supplies?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          My arguement is well detailed in that thread - it proves comprehensively that China chooses to deal with dodgy people and they get big discount on energy prices for that (which is the whole point of the deal).

Russia exports 5 mln barrels per day, and China oil imports are actually much lower than this figure - http://www.energyinvestmentstrategie...imports-ahead/ - "3.25 million barrels per day)" - this means that Russia would have more oil on offer than China actually buys, are you insane thinking China would pay market prices when suddenly they get such huge supplies?
          I say they don't.

When it comes to oil, ideology doesn't matter.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I just tried to figure out how $7 *10^9 per 2.5 * 10^11 kg compares to the price of LNG (liquefied natural gas) on the open market. But it's a minefield of ancient units and fudged back-room deals so gave up (see the LNG wiki for instance). And for that reason I'm out.

Comment

I say they don't.
              My calculations in relevant thread have proven that they get energy from Iran's deal at price 4 times lower than market, even if another market price element of the deal factored it then still overall they save 50% or so. This is about the discount (apparently) for buying stolen goods.

More importantly is that Russia exports far more oil than China imports - this means it won't be able to sell all its oil (unless it is way below market prices for the Chinese to stock up).

It's clear case really, only regard like you who is unable to grasp it can try to argue further.

Comment

My calculations in relevant thread have proven that they get energy from Iran's deal at price 4 times lower than market, even if another market price element of the deal factored it then still overall they save 50% or so. This is about the discount (apparently) for buying stolen goods.

More importantly is that Russia exports far more oil than China imports - this means it won't be able to sell all its oil (unless it is way below market prices for the Chinese to stock up).

It's clear case really, only regard like you who is unable to grasp it can try to argue further.
                Yes that is indeed the problem.
                Looks like the only person who believes your calculations is you.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes that is indeed the problem.
                  Looks like the only person who believes your calculations is you.
                  Retard, look at import/export figures:

Russian exports: 6-7 mln barrels of oil per day (source: http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/Russia/Oil.html )
                  Chinese imports: 3.25 mln barrels of oil per day (source: http://www.energyinvestmentstrategie...imports-ahead/ )

What's there to argue about? Russia won't be able to physically sell all the oil it exports to China simply because the Chinese don't import as much oil as Russia produces. We are not talking about 10-20% difference, but 100% more oil will be left unsold in Russia.

What do you think the Chinese would say when Russians come and say they want sell them 100% of Chinese oil imports at market prices when Chinese know Russia already loses 50% of sales and if they walk away they won't sell any? I'd be suprised if the Chinese offered more than $25-30 per barrel (assuming current prices stand). That would actually be more than they already paid for fixed price (see pattern here?) deal with Rosneft few years ago - that deal worked out at $16 per barrel.

Comment

Retard, look at import/export figures:

Russian exports: 6-7 mln barrels of oil per day (source: http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/Russia/Oil.html )
                    Chinese imports: 3.25 mln barrels of oil per day (source: http://www.energyinvestmentstrategie...imports-ahead/ )

What's there to argue about? Russia won't be able to physically sell all the oil it exports to China simply because the Chinese don't import as much oil as Russia produces. We are not talking about 10-20% difference, but 100% more oil will be left unsold in Russia.

What do you think the Chinese would say when Russians come and say they want sell them 100% of Chinese oil imports at market prices when Chinese know Russia already loses 50% of sales and if they walk away they won't sell any? I'd be suprised if the Chinese offered more than $25-30 per barrel (assuming current prices stand). That would actually be more than they already paid for fixed price (see pattern here?) deal with Rosneft few years ago - that deal worked out at $16 per barrel.
                    Ah I see you lost the cheap oil argument which is what this poll is about so you're bringing in the original issue of whether Russia could sell its oil to China.
                    What about India - traditionally they have had good relations. What about the other Asian Tigers: Taiwan, South Korea etc. What about Japan?
                    Fact is the world and his dog is desperate for oil and will trade with the devil to get it.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X