• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's going to be Chancellor next week?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's going to be Chancellor next week?

Not Darling, he's getting his excuses in early ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7589291.stm

Reminds me of one of my favourite quotes (by a civil servant).

"We're all focked. I'm focked. You're focked. The whole department is focked. It's the biggest cock-up ever and we're all completely focked."
    David Millipede
    4.00%
    George Osborne
    4.00%
    Dim Prawn
    36.00%
    AndyW
    48.00%
    AN Other (suggestions please)
    8.00%

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Not Darling, he's getting his excuses in early ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7589291.stm

Reminds me of one of my favourite quotes (by a civil servant).

"We're all focked. I'm focked. You're focked. The whole department is focked. It's the biggest cock-up ever and we're all completely focked."
    Love it that he thinks the major problem is that "Labour hasn't got it's message across"

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Love it that he thinks the major problem is that "Labour hasn't got it's message across"
      It's true. Some people still don't believe that we're fooked.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        It's true. Some people still don't believe that we're fooked.
        It is a bit worrying when the Chancellor says we are facing the worst economic crisis in 60 years It will be 'interesting' to see what affect our greatly expanded population will have on the unemployment figures come the doom.

Comment

From the article:

Mr Darling hinted at tensions within Gordon Brown's Cabinet, saying there were "lots of people who'd like to do my job" and "no doubt, actively doing it".
          That's a pretty blatant "get your tanks off my lawn" sideswipe at someone. I wonder if he meant GB
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I think that Darling is facing internal problem in his own department and he had to clean up the mess with the stamp duty issue the other week.

Also in an interview he said that the British public were 'Pissed Off' ... I think Darling is worried that he is being made into a scape goat for the mess that he inherited from El Gordo and he has deliberately contradicted El Gordos spin of 'Britain being able to weather the stormy times ahead'.

I say lets vote these jokers out in 2009/10, enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              It is a bit worrying when the Chancellor says we are facing the worst economic crisis in 60 years It will be 'interesting' to see what affect our greatly expanded population will have on the unemployment figures come the doom.
              Ofcourse, none of it is anything to do with any government policies or actions.........
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                Ofcourse, none of it is anything to do with any government policies or actions.........
                I was wondering about this myself yesterday. If we'd had a conservative government in power since 1997, would we have had a boom, and impending bust cycle? My recollection of school economics lessons suggest yes.

Comment

Gordon Brown has always been the Chancellor and always will be while he PM. Darling is his puppet. Unfortunately Brown never was much good at the job, but excellent at spin, and now the chickens are truly coming home.

Comment

Where's the Ed 'Blinky' Balls option?

He's a shoo-in, surely.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X