• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My date tonight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My date tonight

So, got chatting to this lady I "met" via a well-known dating website. She said she was going round to her friend's place for a glass of wine or two, why didn't I drive down to Dorset (from Maidenhead) to pick her up, then we'd go out for a drink, I could stay over (in the spare room of course).

So I said I'd think about it. Had a shower, sent her a text asking for her friend's postcode where I would pick her up from. No reply.

Set off along the M4. Stopped off and called her, left a voicemail. No reply.

Went down the A34, onto the A303, stopped off at a Little Chef for a coffee. Sent another text and left another message. No reply.

Decided to turn around and go home, after all, I didn't know where I was aiming for.

Got home, ate tea, drank lots of red wine. Received a text. "So sorry, didn't have a signal at my friend's house, thought you weren't coming".

Okay, so I was pissed off, spent 2.5 hours in car, did 120 mile round trip for nothing. Replied to her text in that vein, now she won't speak to me.

Have I blown it? Or did she? Should I give her a second chance?

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    I reckon she just bottled it - probably not best to snap at her though. Either you say you didn;t mean it in which case she'll label you as an angry knob or you say it was the wine in which case she'll label you an alcho.

Personally I wouldn't bother. If she can't be arsed to get a signal to message you then just tell her to sling it.

Earlier today I got a text from a friend (the kind with benefits) asking me over". I got this at 19:45. She lives a 3 hour drive away (Leicester - Cardiff).

Some women are just mental and don't think.

Comment

blah blah blah
      Seriously, you set off on such a journey without even knowing where you were actually going to? Silly, silly, silly

Hint: some people will wind you up in this manner for their own entertainment. They may not even be female, and they may be a group, having a rare old laugh down the pub.

I'm not saying this is definitely the case in this instance, but a bit more confirmable information should be sought before embarking on such an Odyssey. On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Comment

Moose you sound desperate enough and travelling clearly does not bother you

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/7589382.stm

Comment

Why are you spending the evening chasing around the south of england on the stength of an unconfirmed suggestion of an invitation from a stranger ?

Women will lead you up the garden path for their own amusement at the best of times, don't be such a willing plaything.

Comment

Should I give her a second chance?
            Go on. Send me another message big boy.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              Go on. Send me another message big boy.
              Chortle
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

So, got chatting to this lady I "met" via a well-known dating website. She said she was going round to her friend's place for a glass of wine or two, why didn't I drive down to Dorset (from Maidenhead) to pick her up, then we'd go out for a drink, I could stay over (in the spare room of course).

So I said I'd think about it. Had a shower, sent her a text asking for her friend's postcode where I would pick her up from. No reply.

Set off along the M4. Stopped off and called her, left a voicemail. No reply.

Went down the A34, onto the A303, stopped off at a Little Chef for a coffee. Sent another text and left another message. No reply.

Decided to turn around and go home, after all, I didn't know where I was aiming for.

Got home, ate tea, drank lots of red wine. Received a text. "So sorry, didn't have a signal at my friend's house, thought you weren't coming".

Okay, so I was pissed off, spent 2.5 hours in car, did 120 mile round trip for nothing. Replied to her text in that vein, now she won't speak to me.

Post a link to her picture and I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Seriously, you set off on such a journey without even knowing where you were actually going to? Silly, silly, silly

Hint: some people will wind you up in this manner for their own entertainment. They may not even be female, and they may be a group, having a rare old laugh down the pub.

I'm not saying this is definitely the case in this instance, but a bit more confirmable information should be sought before embarking on such an Odyssey. On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.
                  great cartoon

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                    Some women are just mental and don't think.
                    Quote of the day above though I would change the 'some' to 'most'

Anyway Moose I would **** her off, okay she might have bottled it but at least she could of told you, I dont buy the 'cant get reception cr*p'. Get back on line send as many women msgs or wink at them and then wait, this is my approach and I've met 6 different girls in 3 months and a got my leg over with 3 of them. Though to be honest I dont think I could get anything serious from online dating as the girls get so many msgs etc that they just play the guys off.
                    Last edited by Bumfluff; 31 August 2008, 19:08.

Comment

Working...
                    X