• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kids back to school - do you expect Contract Market to pick up now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids back to school - do you expect Contract Market to pick up now?

Post.
    Yes
    52.17%
    No
    21.74%
    Atw/Don't know
    26.09%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post
    Post.
    Are you a substitute teacher?

Comment

I work in a bank so can't see much improvement until budget come out around March........................ 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I work in a bank so can't see much improvement until budget come out around March........................ 2010
        Ah, got any jobs for a Business Analyst (Back Office/Reg/Compliance)?

Comment

I am expecting a couple of posters to be absent now they have to be back at school
          Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 1 September 2008, 12:31.

Comment

Have kids been taking contracts then?

I know a monkey could do my job but...
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post
              Ah, got any jobs for a Business Analyst (Back Office/Reg/Compliance)?
              Phase 1 redundancies just complete - they are now planning phase 2

Comment

The increased amount of work on offer will be matched by the increased number of contractors chasing each gig. Most contractors will therefore perceive no change in the availability of gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
                  The increased amount of work on offer will be matched by the increased number of contractors chasing each gig. Most contractors will therefore perceive no change in the availability of gigs.
                  There is a flood of HSMP visa holder contractors in the market. Wonder why PCG is not doing anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    There is a flood of HSMP visa holder contractors in the market. Wonder why PCG is not doing anything about it.
                    Out of interest what would you suggest they do?

Comment

Working...
                    X