• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orlando (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orlando (again)

OK you well traveled lot.
    We have discussed Disney and the other theme parks but what about the other stuff?
    What is there to do around Orlando without going to a theme park?

I am going with the wife at Christmas and she is not keen on the rides and stuff. We want a more relaxed holiday and possibly some culture.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

http://www.askdaisy.net/orlando/links_resources.asp
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Culture in Florida? Not around Orlando. Best head off down to the Keys for that.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        OK you well traveled lot.
        We have discussed Disney and the other theme parks but what about the other stuff?
        What is there to do around Orlando without going to a theme park?

I am going with the wife at Christmas and she is not keen on the rides and stuff. We want a more relaxed holiday and possibly some culture.
        Why did you decide to go to Orlando?

Comment

Miami is nice and i enjoyed the keys but Orlando without kids

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Why did you decide to go to Orlando?
            There is a lot more to Orlando than the theme parks. We have a few places we want to go and see, I just wanted to see if anybody else had ideas I had not considered.
            We are doing a couple of days on the keys and a couple in Miami. The everglades is on the list.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Gatorland.

Comment

Take advantage of some shopping - the wife can stock up with cosmetics etc. at less than half the UK price.

Comment

There is a lot more to Orlando than the theme parks. We have a few places we want to go and see, I just wanted to see if anybody else had ideas I had not considered.
                  We are doing a couple of days on the keys and a couple in Miami. The everglades is on the list.
                  a day trip to the everglades is good fun. Have a shot on one of those big fan boat things. Excellent
                  Feeding the gators in the glades is also pretty cool.

Comment

OK - You can do the Everglades in a day from Miami.

Drive down to Flamingo via Florida City. Stop off the main route and walk round the boardwalks on the Ahinga Trail. It's well worth it.

When you get down to Flamingo do the Backwater Cruise aboard the Pelican. This is a couple of hours leisurely spent drifting round the 'Glades. I wouldn't do an airboat as personally I don't think you see as much and it's noisy and uncomfortable. You will need to book in advance. There's not much else around Flamingo but you do get a really good feel for the Everglades. If you're interested send me a private and I'll dig out my emails from earlier this year with the booking addresses.

You can't really do the Keys from Miami in a day. For some culture in Miami do the Art Deco tour that goes daily from The Art Deco Centre on South Beach.

We're did 4 days in Miami and 10 days in The Keys earlier in the year. Next Feb we're doing two days in Miami, two staying with friends we met and 10 days in Key West again.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X