• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain is very leftie liberal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain is very leftie liberal

I can't believe how leftie-liberal the UK has become. We are far more EU than USA. If we don't vote in UKIP soon we're doomed.

No, we're doomed whatever we vote.

New Lie has squandered the country's wealth (and the biggest boom in history) and as a country we are already financially, ideologically and morally bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
      I can't believe how leftie-liberal the UK has become. We are far more EU than USA. If we don't vote in UKIP soon we're doomed.
      Britain's only viable future lies in commitment to the EU. Time we stopped sitting on the fence: join the Euro, join Schengen, see where our future lies.

I reflect on that every Monday morning, as I file up the steps to the plane, with all the other guys with laptop bags, off to work in some other EU country. When you get to Frankfurt or Amsterdam, you don't see corresponding quues of knowledge workers heading the other way to find work.

Tell me again how much better our economy is working? You have been drinking the US Kool-aid, which they feed us because they have a use for us where we are. It isn't doing us any good.

Comment

It'll go more Left as folks poop their pants and demand hand-outs, once they discover that the Great British Be-A-Property-Millionaire project was, in fact, yet another Government "Pyramid Selling" con that has left them with piddle all, and I care nowt for their greed and stupidity-engendered plight. Especially the "Buy to Let" lice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
          It'll go more Left as folks poop their pants and demand hand-outs, once they discover that the Great British Be-A-Property-Millionaire project was, in fact, yet another Government "Pyramid Selling" con that has left them with piddle all, and I care nowt for their greed and stupidity-engendered plight. Especially the "Buy to Let" lice.
          I take it you didn't milk the property boom and pocket great wads of cash for nowt then?

Comment

If you like it so much why don't you go live there?
            Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I take it you didn't milk the property boom and pocket great wads of cash for nowt then?

That's called get-rich-quick. It's always around, and sometimes successful for some who do it.

But when a whole country bases its idea of wealth on that rather than on making things, using knowledge, and creating real wealth, then the country is ........... dooomed!

Comment

I was thinking about the Europe/USA question when I was having a coffee in Maastricht a few sundays ago. Mainland Europe is such a relaxed place and I look forward to working there in the not so distant future.

As for the USA, why on earth would we want to emulate them? Note also that I talk about Europe, not the EU, which I am not a fan of...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  That's called get-rich-quick. It's always around, and sometimes successful for some who do it.

But when a whole country bases its idea of wealth on that rather than on making things, using knowledge, and creating real wealth, then the country is ........... dooomed!
                  I see that Property Ladder is still on TV. Slap a bit of Magnolia on, splish, splash, splosh...loads of dosh.

What can possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I have never played the property maket - the downturn was always going to happen pretty much overnight and trap most. I salute those who made a killing, but there was always the real chance of being left with devalued and devaluing property, no matter how "smart" one was. The "End Game" is always, always too tricky to call with enough certainty.

Also, I am too cowardly and avaricious to risk even £5!

Incidentally, the only growth industry worth investing in is gaming. Growing like bacteria.

Comment

Working...
                    X