• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I guess my car has ruined the sun.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess my car has ruined the sun.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=12823

Now tell me that earths climate is ruined because my wife wants a 4x4!
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

How can you trust an article that says the following:

When the sun is active, it' p begins.< cycle new a as quickly, very return sunspots Normally near-zero. to drop briefly numbers and slows, activity years, 11 Every month. single in more or 100 of sunspot see uncommon not s>

Comment

Maybe its going to blow up - imaging the price of oil and gas in those circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Maybe its going to blow up - imaging the price of oil and gas in those circumstances
        We won't need any heating, not for a short time. And then after a while our fridges and freezers will be obsolete too. As for air con....

Comment

was it not our favourite fictional friend Wilmslow that was querying about how to best cool down his house?

That is enough for me to believe the planet is going cooler - just to annoy him

Comment

Of course unless observations are done over the course of 12 months this means little, as sunspot activity may be taking place in parts of the sun that we can't see.....or they may even take place at night......
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
              Of course unless observations are done over the course of 12 months this means little, as sunspot activity may be taking place in parts of the sun that we can't see.....or they may even take place at night......

...these are small, those are far away...
              B00med!

Comment

or they may even take place at night......

Right after the guy with the big binoculars have gone to sleep?

Comment

What absolute pish. How can it possibly flare up when it has gone out?
                  The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

sasguru has a graph showing CO2 output and sunspot correlation. It's obvious innit?

Comment

Working...
                    X