• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dragons' Den - Sep 1st

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragons' Den - Sep 1st

So I'm trying to decide the best moment I think my hat goes off to the rich brother and sister looking for 50k I think for their arty auction website.

Peter J " Does it bother you that you've spent four hundred thousand pounds of your parents inheritance?"

Rich boy "Not a bit"

Peter J "You scare the hell out of me, I'm out"
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    So I'm trying to decide the best moment I think my hat goes off to the rich brother and sister looking for 50k I think for their arty auction website.

Peter J " Does it bother you that you've spent four hundred thousand pounds of your parents inheritance?"

Rich boy "Not a bit"

Was a good one last night. Bannatyne had a good old rant at the greenies who make recycled boxes, accusing them of being on a crusade. After all that Peter J et al went and gave them the money

Comment

That was good - but I preferred the property developer who had invested £400k and was looking for £150k - but admitted to Theo he still had £200k+ in the bank!

To be fair sometimes people come looking for expertise/contacts - but this did not seem one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        To be fair sometimes people come looking for expertise/contacts - but this did not seem one of those.
        I think thats why he was there, he just didn't make it clear.
        He wanted to go national with a product, he had the cash but wanted some proper advice

looks like he's done it anyway:
        http://www.discreteheat.co.uk/
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Rich boy "Not a bit"

Q. "Do you have rich parents?"

A. I used to

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Was a good one last night. Bannatyne had a good old rant at the greenies who make recycled boxes, accusing them of being on a crusade. After all that Peter J et al went and gave them the money
            The ex-DJ ex-"expensive habit" bloke from the green box duo was interesting. I don't wish to sound cruel, but I just bet that some of the smaller boxes they make will end up with a light dusting of white powder sooner, or later, Sooner, actually. You read it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              looks like he's done it anyway:
              http://www.discreteheat.co.uk/
              Aargh! Marquee alert!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                I don't wish to sound cruel, but I just bet that some of the smaller boxes they make will end up with a light dusting of white powder sooner, or later, Sooner, actually. You read it here first.
                Your faith in your fellow-man is heart-warming

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  PJ and Bannatyne are rivals (like OS and me!), even worse Bannatyne hates him, I believe they have accused each other in their books of wearing a wig or something stupid. PJ usually does deals with Theo Paphitis and Khan with Deborah.

Comment

PJ: Dyes his hair and has 1 testicle.
                    Theo: Actually a grecian transexual, wanted in 7 countries for "acts with an animal".
                    Deborah: A man... no surprises there.
                    Duncan: His head is false, and he eats live rabbits.
                    The boring one with the beard: An only twin with a secret nose under his left armpit.

Comment

Working...
                    X