• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inheritance Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inheritance Tax

Please vote.
    Should be 100%. Everything should go to the government
    7.69%
    Should be abolished. I should choose where my wealth goes.
    66.67%
    Should stay as it is. Some to the government, some to my family
    25.64%

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Please vote.
    The best thing you can do for your children is to give them love, attention, boundaries, a decent education and prepare them for a difficult life ahead of them.

Inhertance means that you are cruelly interfering with their lives by stripping away their motivation for work, and stripping away their freedom to decide for themselves what they are going to do.

one of the girls at my daughters school received an allowance of £3000 per month and was a serial thief.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I choose the last option as it is bound to be the andyw one.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        The best thing you can do for your children is to give them love, attention, boundaries, a decent education and prepare them for a difficult life ahead of them.

Inhertance means that you are cruelly interfering with their lives by stripping away their motivation for work, and stripping away their freedom to decide for themselves what they are going to do.

one of the girls at my daughters school received an allowance of £3000 per month and was a serial thief.
        Idiot.

Comment

The poll should be "100% inheritance tax and much lower income tax" / "more income tax and no inheritance tax".

If you could opt out of some of your income tax, and then the government gets your money when you die, would you?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I support Dodgy's view for 2 reasons:
            1. I don't think inherited wealth engenders useful folk.
            2. Stored-up wealth, over generations, led to the abhorent Them & Us polarity of society, which always leads to big trouble.

However, I do think this Poll needs a "100% to charity" option, as that's what Mrs. Dalek & I will be doing.

Comment

I don't approve of the government getting it, they'd only mis-use it. So my plan is simply to spend it.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                In a similar vein, I saw a Skoda embedded in a hedge on a busy main road the other day. Therefore, all Skoda drivers are dangerous and should be banned from the roads.

Comment

I choose option 4 - Spend it all, leave no inheritance.
                  Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

We (sister and me) got nothing from our mum when she died (dad snuffed it years ago) as she never had anything.

Again, that is our story and we are sticking to it.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X