• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Off to the US in February

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to the US in February

Staying in a not inexpensive hotel. Do I pay the bill in full now as by next February the £ will be at $1.25?
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Staying in a not inexpensive hotel. Do I pay the bill in full now as by next February the £ will be at $1.25?
    If you honestly believe that Sterling will devalue significantly against the US Dollar and not recover by Feb then it would seem to be a wise move.

I'm not going to cast an opinion as there's at least 1 major election between now and then.

Comment

You could try averging in, converting a bit of currency each week if you don't fancy gambling on the timing. Just make sure you're not paying commision.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkywood View Post
        You could try averging in, converting a bit of currency each week if you don't fancy gambling on the timing. Just make sure you're not paying commision.

If its a significant amount, that's what i'd do - try and hedge it a bit.

Comment

What you DONT do is book your flight back form New York on Sept 11th like I did for next week.... Mrs tay was unamused for some stupid girly reason.

Comment

buy soms USD now. You will get them cheap and if the hotel is expensive enough you will support the dollar so you don't feel bad later for having paid already as the USD does not drop as much.
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
            X