• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slugs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slugs

Has anyone else noticed that there are loads of slugs around this year? Why is that? Is it the weather? Global warming? The government?

Seems due to the mild winters. Same with snails.

Our neighbour was busy pouring salt on his snails when my daughter asked if she could keep them as pets!

Comment

Moose,

would you please reply to my question on your thread entitled, 'My date tonight'.

Thank you,

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Moose,

would you please reply to my question on your thread entitled, 'My date tonight'.

Thank you,

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Our neighbour was busy pouring salt on his snails when my daughter asked if she could keep them as pets!
          even better than keeping them as pets
          http://www.zephyrus.co.uk/ediblesnailsanswer.html
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

It has rained heavily, following drier, hotter weather. Slugs and snails stay tucked away in hot or dry weather. Hence, they don't get eaten or otherwise killed, because they're hidden away. It rains and then they emerge, in greater numbers than usual. Fear not! The birds will scoff them, as will Spike, my resident hegehog.
            Last edited by Bob Dalek; 2 September 2008, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              Moose,

Thank you,

Milan.

Comment

please,

I've missed so many episodes it's all confused now.'

You know you want to.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                  Has anyone else noticed that there are loads of slugs around this year?
                  That will make Amy happy. She likes that sort of thing.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    even better than keeping them as pets
                    http://www.zephyrus.co.uk/ediblesnailsanswer.html
                    So I should eat my daughters' pets?

Though I liked this bit :-

Question: I am wondering if you can tell me what kind of snails you can eat or which provide the most popular eating.
                    Answer: You can eat most snails (except those classed as poisonous), .....

And today's no tulip award goes to......

Comment

Working...
                    X