• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Chrome

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Chrome

Just installed it, seems pretty slick. Is it a winner?

Originally posted by dinker View Post
    Well, you've installed it...you tell us. Full perfromance review by 8am if you please....
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

It's fast and quite slick, but the big problem for most people will probably be it doesn't support plugins, such as an AD BLOCKER. There's other bugs/glitches but they are mostly small fry from what I saw so far.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

<Cough> Do you seriously expect Google to provide an ad blocker? </Cough>
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
          Downloaded setup, started the install today, left it running circa 9:00, nothing happening at all apart from "connecting to the internet" whatever that means. Not impressed.
          If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Are you connected to the internet?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
              Are you connected to the internet?

Yes, but Chrome can't connect, something about firewall / proxy (ho hum). As I am at client site I probably won't change these. I'll try again when home tonight.
              If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Downloaded and installed it in less than 5 mins late last night, odds are their server is a bit busy.

It seems ok for a Beta so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
                  Well, you've installed it...you tell us. Full perfromance review by 8am if you please....
                  Well, it`s on the Google home page so a lot of people will try it. Gave me something to play around with for a couple of hours rather than reading the Daily Mail and getting angry.

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...le-chrome.html
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X