• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What I hate is ......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I hate is ......

Having something go wrong overnight that also fails when re-run, but then works fine later giving no clue why it didn't work before or working later.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Look closely and you'll find your cock up.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

What I hate is...

Numpties who build applications that fail without any error generation, leaving no clues as to why they fail
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Cock up what? Are you saying he has a small willy?
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Why, is it that small?

IGMC
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            Cock up what? Are you saying he has a small willy?
            Great* minds

*some might say "sad"
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
              Numpties who build applications that fail without any error generation, leaving no clues as to why they fail
              I'm not a techie anymore. I should really get some proper help.

It normally works find every day. I'm begining to think that the server it runs on is not long for this world. It's about five years old.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Always reminds me of:

"Just remember Raymond, my arse is on the line and I don't want a cock up.
                'cause you know what'll happen Raymond, don't you - it'll be your cock up - my arse!"
                B00med!

Comment

sounds like SSIS
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    sounds like SSIS
                    'ing 'ell - got it in one!

Comment

Working...
                    X