• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Technologies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Technologies

mrs Schindler used to work in VB and Crystal reports and some ERP from MS called as 'Solomon' or something.

Is currently on maternity leave and would like to bounce back into work again soon....what would the panel suggest?...should she get trained into MS technologies such as ASP,.NET or ditch MS altogether and get cross trained into something like Java or Oracle?

Originally posted by schindler View Post
    mrs Schindler used to work in VB and Crystal reports and some ERP from MS called as 'Solomon' or something.
    If she has VB experience then it might be worth building upon that and making the jump to VB.NET, and from there onto ASP.NET.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Well, if she likes VB and reporting. then perhaps VB.Net and SQL Server Reporting Services?
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Must be a laugh a minute in your house...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          If she has VB experience then it might be worth building upon that and making the jump to VB.NET, and from there onto ASP.NET.
          Cheers for all the responses guys...

Mrs Schindler used to be a permie,but Schindler Ltd is planning to put her on its Payroll list for contracting!!...in light of that we think VB and .net is a bit crowded with too many people in it and the rates are'nt too great as well...

any .netters with opinions please?
          Last edited by schindler; 3 September 2008, 13:44.

Comment

Cheers for all the responses guys...

Mrs Schindler used to be a permie,but Schindler Ltd is planning to put her on its Payroll list for contracting!!...in light of that we think VB and .net is a bit crowded with too many people in it and the rates are'nt too great as well...

any .netters with opinions please?
            I'm a .netter (albeit using C#) and I'm finding the market pretty healthy. I'm still receiving a good number of enquiries, even after discounting the agents that are obviously fishing. Most of the rates on offer seem decent enough to me, and those that aren't are met with laughter and derision.

Comment

I'm a .netter (albeit using C#) and I'm finding the market pretty healthy. I'm still receiving a good number of enquiries, even after discounting the agents that are obviously fishing. Most of the rates on offer seem decent enough to me, and those that aren't are met with laughter and derision.
              Sorry not meant to be nosey but when u say 'decent' can i assume that its in the 500£/day region?
              Cheers

Comment

Sorry not meant to be nosey but when u say 'decent' can i assume that its in the 500£/day region?
                Cheers
                Perhaps in the City (I know former colleagues earning such amounts) but not in the humble West Midlands where I ply my trade.

Comment

Perhaps in the City (I know former colleagues earning such amounts) but not in the humble West Midlands where I ply my trade.
                  Cheers Voodoo...

Comment

Cheers Voodoo...
                    No problem, although I should add that my compadres in the City are working in the financial sector. For now anyway.
                    Last edited by voodooflux; 3 September 2008, 14:40.

Comment

Working...
                    X