• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Information Extraction Ploy...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information Extraction Ploy...

Had a call from an Agent this morning touting a role due to my cv "being a good match". Spent ages asking me about my skills and current position, gave a little information on his client and the role they are looking to fill.

Asked if he could forward my cv - sure no problem, then said he'd send me an email asking for some details from me so he could "do other searches" on my behalf if this opportunity didn't pan out.

This is what I got:

Thanks for your time today as discussed to ensure that i can work as effectively as possible with you, i need to know where your CV is and interviews that you have had recently or have planned. Having this information allows me to ensure no time is wasted in finding you your new role. This working ethos returns the best results, as my experience and results suggest. While also using me to my full potential.

Please forward me the details as and when necessary.....

Company Name
    Role
    Person who interviewed you or read your CV

Finally could you forward me the names of your last two hiring managers and companies - this allows me to prep Reference policies (under the clients requirements regarding roles) this will allow me to market you to a larger network of clients, who have these policies in place. Also it is a great tool when I speak to clients – imagine 3 CV’s; two have references all ready in place and one does not. Which one would you look at?
    Let me take this moment to ensure you that no contact will be made till you have been consulted.

Company:
    Managers Name:
    Telephone Number:
    Email Address:

Please reply as soon as possible – I can not get real momentum behind your search for a new opportunity until I receive these details.
    Is it just me or does that look like blatent fishing for information on roles that are out there already?

Slightly annoyed.

Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
    Had a call from an Agent this morning touting a role due to my cv "being a good match". Spent ages asking me about my skills and current position, gave a little information on his client and the role they are looking to fill.

Asked if he could forward my cv - sure no problem, then said he'd send me an email asking for some details from me so he could "do other searches" on my behalf if this opportunity didn't pan out.

This is what I got:

Is it just me or does that look like blatent fishing for information on roles that are out there already?

Slightly annoyed.

That is the entire fishing fleet plus the hooks lines and sinkers
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by :

Slightly annoyed.

What do you think
      Blood in your poo

Comment

"1. I haven't applied anywhere else.
        2. I only give reference to clients."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          That's the "Holy Handgrenade of Antioch" approach to fishing...

<ZG in "I've just bought Monty Python & the Holy Grail" mode>
          In other words....RUN AWAY!!!!
          Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Bored.

Comment

[Kryten]
              Rod and copy of Angling Times
              [/Kryten]

Comment

Yeah I figured it was the case and I'd never hear from them again. Now I have a decision to make - do I just ignore the email or feed back duff information for a laugh?.....

Comment

Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
                  Yeah I figured it was the case and I'd never hear from them again. Now I have a decision to make - do I just ignore the email or feed back duff information for a laugh?.....

Need you ask?

Visit 419baiter for some inspiration.
                  I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
                  X