• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG member benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG member benefits

Just to say I spoke to BUPA about the 25% discount. It ended up being around 5% with a slightly lower level of cover.

Work that one out...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Just to say I spoke to BUPA about the 25% discount. It ended up being around 5% with a slightly lower level of cover.

Work that one out...
    I spoke to BUPA and they said that I'd get 10% if I just sent them a heded letter or business card to prove that I was a contractor and not just Joe Bloggs. (First time I've known "contractor" to rate higher than "Joe Bloggs"). So why would I go via PCG?

But what do you mean "it ended up" being aroung 5%? You mean you said "and the 25% OCG discount please" and they said "nah"?

Comment

I just used http://www.health-on-line.co.uk/ instead.

The cover is comparable to what BUPA would provide, and it's underwritten by AXA PPP (and no, I'm not on commission, I actually worked for BUPA a few years ago)
      Gronda Gronda

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        But what do you mean "it ended up" being aroung 5%? You mean you said "and the 25% OCG discount please" and they said "nah"?
        I mean it's not a simple 25% off. Even though the blurb says you can get 25% off an existing BUPA membership, you have to move to a different scheme. That scheme was not as good as my existing membership (albeit slightly) and the cost came down by about 5% from what I was paying already.

I'm sure if you don't have an existing contract with them it probably may amount to a 25% discount over standard rates.

Better than a swift kick in the nads though...

Comment

What is the typical Bupa cost? I've never really looked into them.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Ratewhore - Mine was £245. PCG announced the discount for new joiners and I argued it should be for everyone. BUPA agreed and it's now £184. I make that around 25%... I think you need to talk to someone. Details and specific contact points are on the PCG website (but remeber to log in...)

As for base cost, it depends on a lot of variables, like any insurance. I think the normal range is betwen £90 up to around £300 pcm.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Ratewhore - Mine was £245. PCG announced the discount for new joiners and I argued it should be for everyone. BUPA agreed and it's now £184. I make that around 25%... I think you need to talk to someone. Details and specific contact points are on the PCG website (but remeber to log in...)

As for base cost, it depends on a lot of variables, like any insurance. I think the normal range is betwen £90 up to around £300 pcm.
              I did speak to them. They're the ones who gave me the new figures. Like I say, for someone who's joining from new, they probably do get 25%. For me, having a product already, I ended up with a slightly inferior product for about 5% less.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Discounts should always be taken with a pinch of salt and any discount is better than none...

Comment

Still don't understand their numbers though - I've been with BUPA since around 1996.

Will ask some questions in another place...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                  I did speak to them. They're the ones who gave me the new figures. Like I say, for someone who's joining from new, they probably do get 25%. For me, having a product already, I ended up with a slightly inferior product for about 5% less.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Discounts should always be taken with a pinch of salt and any discount is better than none...
                  Well, maybe you already had a discount? Which would be fair enough then.

Comment

That could be true.

Had a quick look at that health-on-line.co.uk. Looks like it's a pay first get refunded scheme. Is that correct?

Comment

Working...
                    X