• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Media

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media

I firmly believe that the media run this country and not the Government

Discuss or not as you like

Roopo Murduch, nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt

Discuss or not as you like

Of course it's true. Remember Piano man? The media told us he was a musical genius, he could read and play classical music. Turns out he couldn't play a note. If they don't have a story they make it up, problem is most people believe it.

Poor journalism is food for morons.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

There's an interesting film called 'Manufacturing Consent', which explores the ideas of Noam Chomsky regarding this topic.
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Actually the government owns the media and they run the country. For example, if Tony wants something said but doesn't want direct attribution to NL, then The Sun prints it for him. It has been shown at least twice now that if you don't own the Tabloids then you will lose the Election.

<conspiracy-theory>
          The most influential forms of media and other key public infrastructure organisations have government agents - whether bought, recruited or placed - in controlling positions, or in positions of access to key data.
          </conspiracy-theory>

Comment

And while you are in government and you don't like the way the state broadcasting corporation gets involved in your shennanigans, then simply replace the directors with people that will do as you say (if your first name is Alistair and your middle name is c.unt).
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

That's just what the giant alien lizards want you to believe.

Comment

At the moment it is being run by a baboon called John Prescott.

Here he is, applying his statesmanlike skills in debate.

Last edited by stackpole; 25 August 2005, 21:58.

Comment

Working...
                X