• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wid ye Credit it? I cannae believe it etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wid ye Credit it? I cannae believe it etc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7594469.stm

thats my household over £1000 worse off. Might move to England

Originally posted by Torran View Post

Good luck with Scottish independence !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      Good luck with Scottish independence !!
      Nowt to do with me mate

Too many barstewrds unable to work in this country. Surprised they don't expect me to throw money from my car as I pass the ghettos.

Comment

Originally posted by Torran View Post

Actually it does seem to me to be fairer than a tax on housing. Tax income, tax purchases, but don't tax anything else.

Comment

This might be stupid idea (for those who earn more than average), but I have to say Scottish party that rules there now made a number of correct (in my view) decisions like abolishing parking fees at NHS hospitals, no tool bridges and other things.

Comment

I wonder how they propose to introduce this "local income tax".

If you live in Scotland and work in another country (Uk or otherwise) will the tax be collected, if so how and how much?

If you live elsewhere and work in Scotland will the tax be levied?

Doesn't this mean that they will have to set up a new tax collecting agency with all of the costs involved?

Comment

The power to do this was present from the start of the Scottish Parliament - we've had to build it into payroll systems for years - that said, the practicalities will be interesting, to say the least. State and Federal income taxes in the USA are a nightmare of complexity.

Comment

A good plan B will be to open a cheap booze shed just south of the border to cater for the coach loads of 18 - 20's barred from buying their Tennents Super in Jockland.

Comment

You could still buy the booze in supermarkets just no in the offie...

I think the ideas so far are all good, serving the people rather than business.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

First Minister Alex Salmond also outlined plans to ban under-21s from buying alcohol from off-licences
                    The preliminary steps, perhaps, to Scotland joining the US?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X