• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Absolutely disgusting Yank prejudice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely disgusting Yank prejudice

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7596798.stm

A soldier home on leave after being injured in Afghanistan was refused a room by a hotel when he showed his military ID card at reception.

Corporal T Stringer was visiting a wounded colleague in Surrey when he was turned away from the Metro Hotel in Woking.

He spent the night in his car after being told it was management policy not to accept military personnel..................................

The Metro Hotel is owned by a company called American Amusements Ltd, also based in Woking. No-one was available to comment.
    Don't you just love the yanks. I hope their economy crash turns them into a third world county.

Signed: absolutely disgusted
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Originally posted by Diver View Post

Don't you just love the yanks. I hope their economy crash turns them into a third world county.

Heard this on Radio 4 this morning when they interviewed the soldiers mother. Her take on it was very different to yours, i.e. that the hotels action was representative of a general poor attitude to this countries soldiers. She did not blame USA for this but rather our fellow countrymen.

Comment

Name and shame the hotel Ireckon, so decent people can avoid it!!!

Barstewards...
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
        Name and shame the hotel Ireckon, so decent people can avoid it!!!

Barstewards...
        Which part of "Metro Hotel, Woking" did you not understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Which part of "Metro Hotel, Woking" did you not understand?
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Diver boy , I completly disagree with you. Anyone and this is anyone who is supporting wars including those on the front deserves nothing but misery !

Comment

I know a lot of hotels and bars that will not accept military through their doors. It has something to do with wrecking the place and intimidating civilian guests.

Lets wait and see what their excuse is before damning them shall we.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
                Diver boy , I completly disagree with you. Anyone and this is anyone who is supporting wars including those on the front deserves nothing but misery !
                f**k off!

Seriously.

Soldiers don't start wars, politicians do!

Comment

You can justifiably accuse the Seppos of many things, but lack of respect for their military personnel isn't one of them. They put us to shame on that front.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    I know a lot of hotels and bars that will not accept military through their doors. It has something to do with wrecking the place and intimidating civilian guests.

Lets wait and see what their excuse is before damning them shall we.
                    Surely we should just damn the entire nation, I mean all 350 odd million of them must be to blame, so lets hope they and their economy all go to shiet. Oh wait.....

Comment

Working...
                    X