• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

localised falling house prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

localised falling house prices

Given the news that house prices are falling at their fastest rate since 1983, it's clear that these falls are averaged out. Are there any sites where I can see localised house price fluctuations?
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Given the news that house prices are falling at their fastest rate since 1983, it's clear that these falls are averaged out. Are there any sites where I can see localised house price fluctuations?
    Property Snake?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
      Property Snake?
      Yes that should work for advertised prices. For an analysis of actual sold prices in an area I use nethouseprices.com

Comment

Christ, I can't be arsed working it all out myself. Are there no websites out there that can say '4 bed detached, surrey, -7%, 2 bed apartment, central birmingham, 2 for a pound!!'?

Possible plan B there. How to make money in a recession - woohoo!!

Comment

I posted the land registry figures on here a couple of weeks ago that showed Glasgow had fallen 12%, Norfolk by about 5% if I remember correctly, but my area had still risen by about 1% over the past year. Land registry figures are the most accurate because they are actual sale prices.

Comment

Christ, I can't be arsed working it all out myself. Are there no websites out there that can say '4 bed detached, surrey, -7%, 2 bed apartment, central birmingham, 2 for a pound!!'?

Possible plan B there. How to make money in a recession - woohoo!!
            Why you ungrateful, lazy git!

Don't hold out much hope for that as a plan B. Pay to login to your site to see how much money I have lost. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Don't hold out much hope for that as a plan B. Pay to login to your site to see how much money I have lost. No thanks.
              Yeah, didn't think that one through at all did I?

Cyberman, that'll do for me, my area is Berkshire as well...

Comment

Land registry figures are also skewed because of mortgage fraud and developer cashback schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
                  Land registry figures are also skewed because of mortgage fraud and developer cashback schemes.

Maybe, but that argument can also be applied to other sources of figures, and additionally, new builds are in the minority of sales, except perhaps those at the lowest level such as studio flats etc.

Therefore, I don't think the figures are skewed that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    Land registry figures are the most accurate because they are actual sale prices.
                    These figures don't include free cars or other things given to reduce effective price without reducing "official" house price. Such things were happening even before this crisis so now I reckon it is even more widespread, this is fraud really.

Comment

Working...
                    X