• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And now, for something completely different...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now, for something completely different...

...latest news:

The Institute for the Bleedin' Obvious have, today, concluded that different types of music are related to personality types. Key findings include:

Reggae fans are lazy
    Country & Western fans aren't
    Everybody except Pop, Rap and Country & Western fans are creative
    Classical music fans are shy

Stay tuned for more groundbreaking research.

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    ...latest news:

The Institute for the Bleedin' Obvious have, today, concluded that different types of music are related to personality types. Key findings include:

Reggae fans are lazy
    Country & Western fans aren't
    Everybody except Pop, Rap and Country & Western fans are creative
    Classical music fans are shy

Stay tuned for more groundbreaking research.
    Shy!

Describes me to a T
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Apparently we rockers have low self esteem!

How do I fit into this research considering I have Punk, Rock, jazz, blues, rap, reggae, soul, classical and opera in my record collection?
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

They probably got a govt. grant...

'I know, let's spend all this money trying to crudely pigeon-hole people by music tastes...'

No - check that - they were probably funded by the music or ad industry. Does it say? I'm too hung over to read the article properly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Apparently we rockers have low self esteem!

How do I fit into this research considering I have Punk, Rock, jazz, blues, rap, reggae, soul, classical and opera in my record collection?
          You were a very mixed up kid
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            They probably got a govt. grant...

'I know, let's spend all this money trying to crudely pigeon-hole people by music tastes...'

No - check that - they were probably funded by the music or ad industry. Does it say? I'm too hung over to read the article properly.
            Probably the arts council. I know a jazz musician who gets arts council funding for his "freeform" jazz experiments. He and his fellows are superb musicians and sometimes when it all comes together they sound amazing, but mostly it just sounds like a bunch of musicians tuning up before a gig. He often laughs about a fellow musician who was asked why he left the gig early. The reply was "you get arts council money to play that stuff,, I don't get paid to listen".
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

OPERA: High self-esteem, creative, gentle
              Wasn't Hitler was a huge Wagner fan?

BTW where's the Rastabilly Skank category?
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                He and his fellows are superb musicians and sometimes when it all comes together they sound amazing, but mostly it just sounds like a bunch of musicians tuning up before a gig.
                I saw Jean Michelle Jarre at the Birmingham Symphony Hall a few months back, and before the gig started he explained that he and his "band" would have to tune the analog synths as they don't "travel well". So off they went, and before I knew it they'd also played the first number without me noticing
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

This research comes from Scotland so is meaningless...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                  X