• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Months worth of rain in one day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Months worth of rain in one day

According to yeterday's Mail, a whole month's worth of rain is going to be dumped on the UK today. Any sign of it anywhere yet? Just wondering because I'm supposed to be coming home tonight and will not be particularly suitably attired for such conditions!

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    According to yeterday's Mail, a whole month's worth of rain is going to be dumped on the UK today. Any sign of it anywhere yet? Just wondering because I'm supposed to be coming home tonight and will not be particularly suitably attired for such conditions!
    See Here

HTH
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Been in the Yorkshire area all morning.

Comment

It's not reached up here yet, but I am reliably informed that it will arrive in late afternoon and stay here until monday
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

This sums it up : http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/

I'd stay where you are.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
            It's been p1$$ing it down here in West Yorkshire since I woke up at 6:30. The scaffolders were soaking by the time they had finished putting their stuff up for my iffy roof repair.

That reminds me I'd best got and check the buckets in the attic, brb.

Comment

None stop rain all day here.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                It's been p1$$ing it down here in West Yorkshire since I woke up at 6:30. The scaffolders were soaking by the time they had finished putting their stuff up for my iffy roof repair.
                Not a great day for a roof repair. I can empathise though - we waited until the "summer" to begin our loft conversion, thinking smugly that we wouldn't experience the leaks that others had. The day it kicked off in June was torrential...
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Not a great day for a roof repair. I can empathise though - we waited until the "summer" to begin our loft conversion, thinking smugly that we wouldn't experience the leaks that others had. The day it kicked off in June was torrential...
                  The builders don't come 'till Monday, I've had to wait 2.5 months for them to get round to my job due to their other commitments. That being said I approached multiple other builders who gave me stupidly high quotes or simply never bothered to quote at all.

I'm having the Dormer removed, making good the roof and adding a couple of Velux windows, my attic is also my office and I've been debating shoving some of the cost through the books.

The guys coming on Monday have kept me informed, offered a sensible price and have recommendations from a couple of people I know.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    I'm having the Dormer removed, making good the roof and adding a couple of Velux windows, my attic is also my office and I've been debating shoving some of the cost through the books.

The guys coming on Monday have kept me informed, offered a sensible price and have recommendations from a couple of people I know.
                    Likewise I've been very impressed with the builders that did our loft conversion (and I don't usually praise builders having been on the receiving end of some awful experiences). They came highly recommended and will have another recommendation to follow them to their next job!
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X