• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's been in the cells, or jail?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's been in the cells, or jail?

I had a day in the cells for jumping out of a taxi and doing a runner in the late 80s.

I've also been in the cells overnight for various booze fuelled minor offences 10+ years ago:

1/ defending a pal of mine in Soho and got locked up for the night in Charing X police station
    2/ had a scrap with a pal but the police were called and locked us both up for the night. 2 riot vans called. i was in one, my mate in the other.
    3/ minor infringment viz-a-viz appropriate dress in a public thoroughfare - locked up for the night.

Waking up on the blue mattress, thinking you're in your own bed ... then it suddenly dawns on you and you sit bolt upright "I DID WHAT?"... "F**K F**K F**K"

Anybody else been in the cells?

It made me the man I am today.

How was it for you?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

There's a B&B on the outskirts of Leeds I use as a last resort when all others are full - reminds me of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockdown_(TV_Show)

Does that count?
      Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
        I had a day in the cells for jumping out of a taxi and doing a runner in the late 80s.
        What did you do to be sent to the down under? That is the question.

Comment

I've been locked up twice in the UK and once in Holland. On the Holland occasion I won compensation for wrongful arrest, and on one of the UK arrests I won a court case after a malicious prosecution.

All kids should be give a one day lock-up in solitary for experience while they are at school. It's not a pleasant experience and would certainly deter many from committing crimes.

Comment

I was released 1 minute after arrest

Comment

Once in Tanzania. Bought my way out for $10....
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I spent 18 months in HMP Lancaster Castle.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    I spent 18 months in HMP Lancaster Castle.
                    We were there at the same time.
                    You were my bitch. Remember?
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X