• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are your long-term goals in life?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your long-term goals in life?

I'm not talking about in your career or in your lifetime or in your children's lifetime. Or even you. I mean you collectively as lifeforms and in the lifetime of the universe. Are you counting on the universe lasting forever? Will it all have been worth it if you end up in a big crunch instead? All that sex for nothing. Or are you taking a more practical short-term view such as whether to have a nice cup of tea rather than being concerned about the end of space and time? Are you happy with the universe so far? Were 3+1 dimensions about right? If you could change one thing about the universe what would it be? Where do you see yourself at the end of time? Would you mind moving into another dimension if the opportunity arises? What would you have liked to have accomplished before the end of the very fabric of space-time? Would you be greatly disappointed if your fate and every action you have ever done was predetermined from the start and that you would have to replay it an infinite number of times in exactly the same way, forever? No need to answer immediately, you have all the time in the universes.

Over 50 billion lifetime plan plus, only £50 squillion/month. Terms and conditions apply.

I don't want much out of life .....

I only want to be 'God Emperor of Earth'.

And after that if the twits don't blow up the planet on 10th Sep with the
    Large Hadron Collider (it could be a trap from God to stop intelligent life advancing and approaching his great power), then I intend to achive immortality and godly status via the efforts of others through their endevours science.

Right I'm going out now to get sloshed, aint done it in ages.

Comment

I went contracting so I didn't have to do appraisals.

Look, you know and I know im getting 4% no matter how much I helped the universe this year, God just views me as part of the overhead called 'staff', he doesn't even know what I do down here, let's just cut to the chase shall we?

Blah blah blah, only so much energy in the universe, well done, work harder, next year you'll get more, hang in there, 4%.

Comment

Death

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          All that sex for nothing.
          It was hardly alot of sex. Though it was hardly for nothing - it was great fun.

Comment

To see a man or woman walk on Mars.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              To see a man or woman walk on Mars.
              You've got some hopes !

I can't see any justification for a budget to do that for a very long time.

Plenty can be done with robotic probes and then there is the contamination issues (Earth->Mars mainly).
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                You've got some hopes !

I can't see any justification for a budget to do that for a very long time.

Plenty can be done with robotic probes and then there is the contamination issues (Earth->Mars mainly).

I think you're underestimating the desire to see it done. As for justification of a budget? What planet are you on?
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I wish to become star dust. It will take some time but I will get there.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Long term?

To sell my house for more than I paid for it
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X