• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reprise (surprise)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reprise (surprise)

Data on 5,000 prison staff lost

A hard drive containing the details of up to 5,000 prison staff has been lost, the government has confirmed.

The names, dates of birth, national insurance numbers and prison service numbers were lost by a private firm EDS as long ago as July 2007.

However, staff only realised the data was missing in July of this year.

Justice Secretary Jack Straw confirmed he has ordered an inquiry into the loss and was trying to establish why he was not told of it by the Prison Service.

Linky
    Me, me, me...

Just everything is an embarrassment under this government. Day after day after day another revelation of incompetence. Roll on ID cards !!

Comment

Nov 2007: 25m people's child benefit details, held on two discs
      Dec 2007: 7,685 Northern Ireland drivers' details
      Jan 2008: 600,000 people's details lost on Navy officer's stolen laptop
      June 2008: Six laptops holding 20,000 patients' details stolen from hospital
      July 2008: MoD reveals 658 laptops stolen in four years

Now Lost prison staff data

I don't know

Anybody else having second thoughts about the long term viability of databases
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
      X