• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pet Hates - Web sites you love to hate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet Hates - Web sites you love to hate

I'll start - experts exchange!

Every time I search on some obscure problem, an exact description of the same problem pops up at that pesky site, along with a tantalising note saying a solution is available

The trouble is I don't need to look things up often enough to justify paying their subscription, and with a bit more digging one can usually find a free answer or enough hints elsewhere.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Every time I search on some obscure problem, an exact description of the same problem pops up at that pesky site, along with a tantalising note saying a solution is available

The trouble is I don't need to look things up often enough to justify paying their subscription, and with a bit more digging one can usually find a free answer or enough hints elsewhere.
    You do know if you scroll right to the bottom of the page you can see the solution?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      You do know if you scroll right to the bottom of the page you can see the solution?
      +1

It takes an expert to figure it out though.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

The subscription is peanuts. You are an impoverished permie and, like you, I hereby claim my free 30 PAID days off sick each year.

Comment

I signed up back in 2003 when it was free and I've never paid a penny since.

Comment

http://slashdot.org/

Some of the article comments make my head explode.

The editors are all illiterate wonkers.

As an exposition of crass stupidity in geekworld it is sans pareil.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              They banned my IP there. And my ID there got just 4 digits

Comment

Know a guy who got snared by this outfit. Paid the sub, got the answer, couldn't unsubscribe . Eventually did, but it cost him way more than the single month he reckoned on. Card company couldn't be arsed to do anything to help.

Comment

Expert Sex Change

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    They banned my IP there. And my ID there got just 4 digits
                    The other year they banned an IP address that happened to be an NTL router or proxy or something serving a whole area of the East Midlands - although after I sent them an email pointing out their incompetence, they eventually lifted the ban.

I also have a four-digit Slashdot ID, and mine is prime

Comment

Working...
                    X