• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Murray beats Nadal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murray beats Nadal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/7602257.stm

Good luck Andy, even though you hate us english

So what? It's not exactly important to anybody except their mums.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 8 September 2008, 02:33.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      So what? It's not exactly important to anybody except their mums.
      OOOO mooooody.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Grrrr.... gnash.... wail

yes well done you scottish coont
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Good to see a UK tennis player getting to a serious final for a change. Pity he's such an arrogantly unlikeable little tosser.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Well I'm biased but I gotta disagree.

Seen him a couple of times now on soccer am, and he seems like a decent you guy, I wouldn't say arrogant at all - he's just not full of the self doubt and nicey niceness a la Tim Henman.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Good to see a UK tennis player getting to a serious final for a change. Pity he's such an arrogantly unlikeable little tosser.
              Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Well I'm biased but I gotta disagree.

Seen him a couple of times now on soccer am, and he seems like a decent you guy, I wouldn't say arrogant at all - he's just not full of the self doubt and nicey niceness a la Tim Henman.
              IMO he is somewhere between these two, i.e. somewhat an arrogant tosser ( and to succeed at an individual sport like tennis I think this is partly required) and somewhat just a confident young man with lofty goals and loads of determination. He seems to be improving as a character the more he matures.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                He seems to be improving as a character the more he matures.
                I think that shows in his tennis - been following him through the open, and in the past there would have been plenty of moments where he'd have crumbled or blew up in a rage at himself, now he seems to be keeping it all inside and just playing calmly and taking each game as it comes.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  I think that shows in his tennis -blew up in a rage at himself,
                  Indeed. Unfortunately I was unable to do this myself yesterday, my racquet ended halfway up the back fence on 2 occasions. Didn't break it though

Comment

Does anyone know if it's possible to see the final on UK TV? Having to play Nadal, then Federer, that's a tough few days!
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X