• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Signed up tenants having another viewing…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed up tenants having another viewing…..

Not impressed.

I am renting my house out, Mr Tenant has signed up.

Mrs Tenant only seen from the outside.

The house now has boxes everywhere, and I was planning on not cleaning until I have cleared everything out. Additionally, I am re-painting a couple of areas, hence the place is in a right state.

As they have signed up, where would I stand if Mrs Tenant does not want to move in? Presumably I would need to chase them through the courts for payment until I get another tenant as I have planned around their signing-up??

Water boarding might be quicker...
    Ask your friends with the vans if they can lend some muscle
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Not impressed.

I am renting my house out, Mr Tenant has signed up.

Mrs Tenant only seen from the outside.

The house now has boxes everywhere, and I was planning on not cleaning until I have cleared everything out. Additionally, I am re-painting a couple of areas, hence the place is in a right state.

As they have signed up, where would I stand if Mrs Tenant does not want to move in? Presumably I would need to chase them through the courts for payment until I get another tenant as I have planned around their signing-up??
      Pratt.

You get the deposit at the signing. That's one of the reasons for getting a deposit.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Wilmslooooooooooow!

<<Canned boredom>>
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Pratt.

You get the deposit at the signing. That's one of the reasons for getting a deposit.
          Oi, Diver, no feeding the troll! Keep that up and next thing you know the board will be full of them!

Errrm, hang on a minute........
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            Wilmslooooooooooow!

<<Canned boredom>>
            Hey leave me out of this!
            And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

*yawn*
              slow, even for a Monday.
              Something about a house?....nearly lunch......might have steak. Mmmm steak.
              Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                *yawn*
                slow, even for a Monday.
                Something about a house?....nearly lunch......might have steak. Mmmm steak.
                No mention of how much your steak costs or your house is worth! pathetic.

Get with the program ace

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  Pratt.

If you (the agents) are doing a credit/reference check you don't get the deposit until they pass.

You can't turn a tenant down because of refs and keep the deposit (though there are some who try)

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
                    If you (the agents) are doing a credit/reference check you don't get the deposit until they pass.

You can't turn a tenant down because of refs and keep the deposit (though there are some who try)

tim
                    They don't sign until checks are done (contract is binding to both parties) as once they have a contract, and then you get a bad credit ref, it is too late.
                    Cred check, then signing and deposit at same time. change of mind on their part after the signing; means they lose costs from deposit.
                    You however can not change your mind by law without giving them the requisite notice.

Comment

Working...
                    X